Trusted Contributor

Should I get a new computer with Windows 7??

I've read and heard so many bad things about Windows 10.  A lot of professional offices still use Windows 7.  Just curious what you think.

TIA Heart

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Trusted Contributor

Re: Should I get a new computer with Windows 7??

I hated Windows 8.1. I'm mostly satisfied with Windows 10 laptop.

Truth be told is that I'd take good ole Windows XP but it's not supported anymore.

If you like Windows 7 because it's what you work with I think Microsoft is supporting it and you could get a computer loaded with that system.

Honored Contributor

I personally would never buy anything but the latest available.  I would get Windows 10.  I had a friend that got a new computer last year with it, and she loves it.  She didn't at first.  It took her a while to get used to it, but now she really likes it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

any new computer you buy  will have windows 10 got a new one for christmas & it's 10 not bad they have apps I don't understand it but don't use it but really windows 10 seems no different.it runs a little faster but if you have apps you can apply them. I don't. I don't see anything new or a big deal.

Honored Contributor

No way would I deliberately buy a computer with obsolete technology.   They become obsolete  fast enough as it is.   You'll adjust to the new operating system in short order. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'd buy one with windows 8 which is what I did last spring when I bought a new Acer.  The one I had with 7 died on me.  I've not however installed windows 10 yet.  I think it's still too new.

Respected Contributor

It probably will be difficult to find a computer to buy with Win 7.  If you do find one, the price should be heavily discounted.  Be aware that Microsoft's extended support for Win 7 ends Jan 2020.

BTW, I love Win 8.1.  Have not used Win 10.

Trusted Contributor

I read nothing but good things about Windows 10 before I upgraded from 8.1. I've had it since August, and haven't been disappointed. A Windows 7 computer isn't new, it's three steps behind.

Some Windows 7 computers aren't compatible with Windows 10, which is why some businesses might not be upgrading. New computers aren't in their budget.

Honored Contributor

My Windows 7 laptop is aging rapidly.  I've already decided it's not worth paying a tech to repair or upgrade when it's functioning finally gets me to shopping.  That shopping will take me to 10 for sure.

It seems to me that quite a few of the complaints about 10 have faded now that we have lots of user feedback instead of just a little.  Anyone else notice that?

Esteemed Contributor

I would not buy yesterday's technology today. Windows 10 is not that difficult to navigate. I bought a new computer in December and I have had no problem figuring it out and I am not some 20 year old. I am 60.