Respected Contributor

Saving pics from old LG flipphone serviced by tracphone?? Help me

I got the new tracphone smartphone from qvc. I was told the minutes and days could be transferred to the new phone. what about my pictures, do they transfer?? I went to Walgreens and they said I couldn't pull the pics off this kind of phone. oh my. help.

Honored Contributor

Re: Saving pics from old LG flipphone serviced by tracphone?? Help me

Call Tracphone customer relations and/or read the user manual.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Barbarainnc wrote:

I got the new tracphone smartphone from qvc. I was told the minutes and days could be transferred to the new phone. what about my pictures, do they transfer?? I went to Walgreens and they said I couldn't pull the pics off this kind of phone. oh my. help.

Hi @Barbarainnc.  In addition to a couple of TracFone smartphones, I still have an active TracFone LG flipfone. The Transfer Wizard app will not work on a non-smartphone. You will have to make some hard choices.

May I assume the flipfone is still active?

My flipfone doesn't allow me to attach pictures to email, so I'll assume that option is out for you as well.

You can "transfer" them by using your still active flipphone, write a series of texts and attach a few pictures to to each one. SEND them to your new phone (if it's been activated with a different phone number), or to someone who agrees to the expense of receiving them and sending them later to your new phone.

You'll use up a lot of your flipfone minutes doing this.

I guarantee at some point in the near future you will look back at the quality of the pictures you took with your flip phone and you'll realize what poor-quality they are compared to the pictures you take with your new smartphone. Bear that in mind when deciding which ones to "save".

Respected Contributor

Thanks so much. 😊 😊 😊