Valued Contributor

It appears that a call-blocking app was blocking more than annoying calls. I deleted that app from the old phone and it rang like it should when I got a call. ATT had sent a new refurbished phone, which looked like new, so I sent the old one back to them and activated the new one without the call blocking app. Seems to be working fine.

I posted this update so that someone else having a similar issue might be helped. ATT staff at the store was no help. I figured this out by reading on a forum.

Honored Contributor

Re: Samsung not ringing solved!

@Marybella wrote:

It appears that a call-blocking app was blocking more than annoying calls. I deleted that app from the old phone and it rang like it should when I got a call. ATT had sent a new refurbished phone, which looked like new, so I sent the old one back to them and activated the new one without the call blocking app. Seems to be working fine.

I posted this update so that someone else having a similar issue might be helped. ATT staff at the store was no help. I figured this out by reading on a forum.

@Marybella

Thank you for posting this reply. I always appreciate it when a person who posts on this forum with a problem, replies that they found the solution.

Many of us that frequent this forum regularly, trying to help others, don't always find out what worked for those with the problem. They get a solution, but do not reply to let everyone hear what worked for their specific problem.

Your reply now is available for others to read and those of us that try to help when we can, can file it away with solutions that worked. That is the main purpose of this post, and maybe others that resolve a problem, will file suit and follow your lead.

Thank you and happy your phone is now ringing when receiving a call.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

@hckynut Thank you, John. I have received so much good information from this board. I hope that I can be of help to someone else.

Respected Contributor

@Marybella wrote:

@hckynut Thank you, John. I have received so much good information from this board. I hope that I can be of help to someone else.

I also thank you for posting back.  Too many times posters post "it's fixed" but don't share any details or the solution.  I'm having problems with my iPhone not ringing and missing calls.  I've also had problems with calls going straight to voicemail when the phone is turned on and it didn't ring.  All of the suggestions I've tried have failed to solve the problem.  It's not every call which adds to the difficulty of figuring out the problem. 

Valued Contributor

@glb613 wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

I also thank you for posting back.  Too many times posters post "it's fixed" but don't share any details or the solution.  I'm having problems with my iPhone not ringing and missing calls.  I've also had problems with calls going straight to voicemail when the phone is turned on and it didn't ring.  All of the suggestions I've tried have failed to solve the problem.  It's not every call which adds to the difficulty of figuring out the problem. 

@glb613 wrote:

@Marybella wrote:

That was my issue. Intermittant. Do you have a call-blocking app?

Respected Contributor

I don't have a call blocking app.  I've never blocked a call on my iPhone or my home phone.  Maybe I'm lucky but, I've never had anyone call me to the point where I needed to block them.  Junk calls are computer generated and it's useless to block them just like it's useless to block e-mail spam. 

I also lose sound with "Words With Friends" app after the phone had been on standby.  Doing a hard reset solves the problem but, it's annoying.  I wonder if doing a facotry reset would solve my problems? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Marybella, thanks for the update!
I love the ultra low annual cost of my service provider, (TracFone) but I shudder to have to contact them about a problem. Yea!!! for your persistance in figuring it out and solving the problem despite the "no help" from store staff.
Honored Contributor

Sorry to hear that the AT&T staff at the store did not help you. We were thrilled with the service we received at our AT&T store. The guy was so good. He really was impressive with how much he knew.

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

Sorry to hear that the AT&T staff at the store did not help you. We were thrilled with the service we received at our AT&T store. The guy was so good. He really was impressive with how much he knew.

When I was with Version @drizzellla, I noted the store closest to me had more than it's share of "no help" staff. I received the help I needed from Verision at another store.

Anyone can hire a few 'clunkers', and it's worse when they're clustered together in one store. Fortunately, neither AT&T nor Verizon makes a habit of it.

I'm pleased the OP persevered. I've encountered too many who say "I'm not tech savvy" and give up a phone they really liked rather than fixing the issue.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

When I was with Version @drizzellla, I noted the store closest to me had more than it's share of "no help" staff. I received the help I needed from Verision at another store.

Anyone can hire a few 'clunkers', and it's worse when they're clustered together in one store. Fortunately, neither AT&T nor Verizon makes a habit of it.

I'm pleased the OP persevered. I've encountered too many who say "I'm not tech savvy" and give up a phone they really liked rather than fixing the issue.

Well - it just so happens that my husband's brother worked for Verizon. And when we were talking to him about the great service we got at AT&T and how impressed we were with the AT&T employee's knowledge and great customer service. The brother wanted to know the guy's name and store. 

It is funny. Earlier that same day, we went into the Verzion store a few feet from AT&T, we  were with Verizon and were thinking about changing carriers,  and the guy at Verizon could not be bothered to answer our questions and brushed us right off. The store was not busy and there were at least 3 Verizon people "on the floor". I can't say use the word "working".