Respected Contributor

Samsung UN46F6400 46" 1080p 120Hz Class LED

Does anyone own this model of the Samsung TV? I have narrowed down our search for a new TV and like this model and reviews on several sites.

I appreciate your honest input.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Samsung UN46F6400 46"" 1080p 120Hz Class LED

You should check Amazon for reviews. You will also see when this set was manufactured, and is it still in production. Amazon, only sells current items under their name.

Honored Contributor

On 3/5/2014 MKR NY said:

Does anyone own this model of the Samsung TV? I have narrowed down our search for a new TV and like this model and reviews on several sites.

I appreciate your honest input.

We own many Samsung products including a 37" LCD TV set. This company has been the top selling TV manufacturer in the world for, I think I read 37 years, so I doubt you could go wrong in buying it.

I am not going to research this particular model but I will say this. If it has the features you know you will use(I personally buy sets that are set for future technology when available)on a regular basis than I probably is the right on for you.

Video and Audio both are very subjective to the one watching and listening to the TV set and what looks and sounds good to one is not the same with others. The lighting and acoustics are not the same in a store as the will be in a room in someone's home, so that too should be taken into consideration. This should be even moreso if the Video and Audio quality are an important factor in ones list of things. For me it would be a sale or no sale depending on both of these senses(sight and hearing).

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

I will just tell you my experience recently with Samsung model UN46D6900.

Within 18 months, the panel developed horizontal lines across the top. The warranty had expired but I used my credit card benefit that would repair or replace. Fortunately, I had all the paperwork they required for the claim.

Took tv to authorized repair center to see what needed to be fixed and how much. The panel was "bad", and a call made in front of me to Samsung resulted in a price of $1800 for the new panel! The tv was $1200 when I bought it. Repairman told me on the side that Samsung has a problem with their panels going bad, they know it and won't do a thing about it. I ended up receiving what I paid for the tv, $1200 from the credit card benefits.

If I bought a Samsung, I would definitely purchase an extended warranty, in store or after market. Based on this experience. Just my opinion.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the input. I have a LG 42" tv right now that I love. Maybe I will stick with buying another LG as I love the one I have but we wanted a little bigger one for the bedroom. Never had any problems in the three years we have owned it.

I was looking at the TV's LG 47LA7400, LG 47GA7900 and the LG LA6200 models. I don't need the 3D and glasses but most come with that feature for what I want on the sound and clarity features.

Thanks.