Respected Contributor

Does anyone have this new phone Samsung Galaxy J3 which has been out about a year, I believe?  

I have the original Samsung Galaxy 3 which I'm still using, although it's beginning to show some signs of needing a new phone.  Verizon has a deal on this phone for only $7 a month (total cost, I believe was $168).  It's the budget Samsung phone and I'm thinking about getting it..(Costco has a great deal with all the accessories included for that price.)  

I would like to know if anyone owns it now and if you like it, or the pros and cons you have about it.    Thanks for any insight you can give me.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor
Sorry, @ciao_bella, but maybe you could give us some more details. . .like the OS and storage capacity, other specs etc of the phone you're contemplating buying for $168. @ $7.00 a month for two years.

I currently pay around $7.00 a month for phone, service, everything. So naturally I'm very interested in comparison.
Respected Contributor

@x Hedge  Here is the Costco offer for the Samsung phone.

http://membershipwireless.com/49978/samsung-galaxy-j3

You can find all the specs, etc if you scroll down the page.  

It's also available at all Verizon stores for the same price,  but the Costco deal includes the car charger at no extra cost. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Valued Contributor

My daughter has it and it's great! Expandable memory and everything which beats my S6 (which is ******). The camera isnt as good as the more expensive models but really who cares. It does everything you could want it to do.

Esteemed Contributor

Verizon sells this phone and would have the best reviews. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy J3

[ Edited ]

Personally, I'm not a fan of android............I prefer the iPhone.  Talk to someone knowledgeable who isn't trying to sell you something!

Esteemed Contributor

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nuttmeg, I searched out reviews, mostly by techs, but also some J3 users after ciaobella first posted about Galaxy J3.

Weighing the strengths and drawbacks of those reviews against other mid-priced phones, I didn't find the Galaxy J3 to be anything special for the price tag. 

I think you could find the same or comparable features for a much lower price.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@Nuttmeg, I searched out reviews, mostly by techs, but also some J3 users after ciaobella first posted about Galaxy J3.

Weighing the strengths and drawbacks of those reviews against other mid-priced phones, I didn't find the Galaxy J3 to be anything special for the price tag. 

I think you could find the same or comparable features for a much lower price.

This is just an average phone on Verizon network. 

Respected Contributor

I don't have that phone.  You may want to check it out on Amazon for reviews.