Valued Contributor

Safe to uninstall GWX control panel now?

Just wondering if it's safe to uninstall the GWX control panel now that Microsoft has ended its free Windows 10 update campaign. Don't think I need it now, but looking for opinions from others--in particular, gokat, who thoughtfully recommended it in the first place. Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Safe to uninstall GWX control panel now?

@qualityshopper wrote:

Just wondering if it's safe to uninstall the GWX control panel now that Microsoft has ended its free Windows 10 update campaign. Don't think I need it now, but looking for opinions from others--in particular, gokat, who thoughtfully recommended it in the first place. Thanks.

@qualityshopper wrote:

@qualityshopper I'm not tech savvy so I can't advise you on whether you should uninstall or not. What I can say is after a nightmare 2 weeks getting my Windows 7 straightened out (thank you gokat) it's working well and I'm not going to mess with it now, I'll be keeping the GWX control panel for now.

Respected Contributor

@qualityshopper and @Jordan2

Hi ladies!Woman Happy

My thought on this is that personally I'm going to wait awhile and check ongoing feedback online to be sure the July 29th date is still good and won't be amended by MS. 

There's a thread active right now here reporting a forced update this last week.

GWX Control Panel doesn't interfere with my computer activities in any way so I'm not in a rush.  HTH'sWoman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I'm with Gokat!  I think 'wait and see' is the best path for now, at least.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone. Guess I'll wait a little while, too. With how aggressively MS has been pushing their update on everyone, won't hurt to wait and be sure there's nothing to worry about.

Honored Contributor

@Gokat

thank you for keeping us updated and  our computers healthy .Heart

And  for answering our questions and concerns.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

cowboy sam wrote:

@Gokat

thank you for keeping us updated and  our computers healthy .Heart

And  for answering our questions and concerns.

Gokat has been monumentally helpful with all these Win10 debaucle issues.  I hope that Gokat knows how much that so many of us appreciaate that.  Smiley Happy