Esteemed Contributor

Re: l can't figure out what Re: Retired, but PT job says I need Cell Phone w/..?

[ Edited ]

@RinaRina wrote:

Still can't figure out what 4.4 means ... 

This is info about Android 4.4. It is an operating system for Android smartphones or tablets.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_KitKat

The current verison of Android is 6.0 Marshmallow.

https://www.android.com/history/#/marshmallow

You need to go to your local AT&T or Verizon Wireless phone store.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Retired, but PT job says I need Cell Phone w/..?

@RinaRina wrote:

Okay!

I clicked "settings", then "storage" and my phone says "Total Space 8GB", but underneath, it says "Available 1.6 GB". Miscellaneous - 3.80 GB

Uh???
I don't get it.

Storage is like the space on a hard drive of a computer. You have only 1.6 GB left.

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

Hi all, 

I've never had a cell phone, but thanks to the encouragement of the ladies on this board, for safety purposes (and emergencies), I bought myself a Tracphone for Christmas (2015).  I've only used it once.

Now, I'm applying for a part-time job requiring an "Android phone", 4.4 or above and 2 GB of RAM.

My question is, what is 4.4?  And how do I find it on my Tracphone?

How do I find out how much RAM is on my Tracphone?

Thanks.

I want to know WHY they require a cell phone and that specific one for a part time job. Sounds dodgy

Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

It's not unrealistic to think that a prospective employer would require someone to have their own phone to do the job.   If you're hired as an independent contractor, it would actually be unusual  for the employer to pay for your technology gadgets, as well as many other itemized expenses.

For those who asked:

Yes, it's an "independent contractor" for Am*zon.  I can deliver packages and pick my own 2 hour window.  $18-$25/hr.

This is perfect for me because my little dog can stay with me -- even on hot summer days with the A/C on.

Honestly, tho', this cell phone stuff makes me feel like an idiot.

LOL!

When they figure out how old I am, they'll prolly turn me down.

Oh well, ... nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Woman Wink

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina  Android 4.4  is a version of the Android mobile operating system developed by Google, 

Esteemed Contributor

@blondegirl wrote:

Please be sure your new opportunity is not a scam. I cannot imagine why anyone would care whether you have a phone or what kind unless you are doing that app where you take pictures of businesses, restaurants, etc. and upload them. 

@blondegirl ... my DH is required to have a cell phone for work because they either text or call him regarding stops he has to make.  But they never required a specific phone.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

Okay!

I clicked "settings", then "storage" and my phone says "Total Space 8GB", but underneath, it says "Available 1.6 GB". Miscellaneous - 3.80 GB

Uh???
I don't get it.

Storage is like the space on a hard drive of a computer. You have only 1.6 GB left.

Really?  Ugh!  That's unbelievable!  I've hardly used the phone!  10 photos and 2 videos.  That's not much.The phone is "synched" with my desktop, laptops & IPAD.  Maybe it's the emails.  I'll have to get rid of some things.  I've got to have at least 2 GBs available.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina

"I've hardly used the phone!  10 photos and 2 videos.  That's not much."

Yes it is.  Videos take up a lot of storage space.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

Okay!

Uh???
I don't get it.

Really?  Ugh!  That's unbelievable!  I've hardly used the phone!  10 photos and 2 videos.  That's not much.The phone is "synched" with my desktop, laptops & IPAD.  Maybe it's the emails.  I'll have to get rid of some things.  I've got to have at least 2 GBs available.

You are clearing your storage by moving photos emails to your computer or the cloud. This is storage not RAM. The space where the apps are run.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/how-much-ram-does-a-phone-need

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@Nuttmeg wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

Okay!

Uh???
I don't get it.

Well the operating system for the phone takes up a decent amount of space. My iPhone is 128 GB but the OS takes it down to 113 GB and available space is 75 GB ( I have a lot of music, photos and video on my phone). 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval