Contributor

Recommendations on 2 LG Trac Phones

It's time to buy a new trac phone.  Need your recommendations on LG Ultimate 2 & LG Sunset phone also, if anyone knows if there is a TS coming up very soon. Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations on 2 LG Trac Phones

I've gotten a new Tracfone everyone of the past 6 or 7 years.  I just got mine for 2016, the LG Sunset.  It's the first I've had that's truly a smart phone, maybe too smart.  I'm have trouble getting the gist of it.  Once I get this thing set up, I'm not going to use another phone for several years, IF I get it set up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

HSN just had a Tracfone TS a few weeks ago (when I got mine).  QVC seems to have suspended their relationship with Tracfone.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I hear you. I always bought LG. Last time I bought an Alcatel. Going back to LG. 

I was thinking the Ultimate 2 after reading reviews. Just not sure. 

Something is going on w/ LG this weekend but, not sure if it is Trac Phone.

Contributor

I prefer the Ultimate 2 which I ordered last june from the Q.  I also bought the sunset at HSN a few weeks ago when it was a TS and sent it back.  I much prefer the ultimate 2.

So I purchased a new ultimate 2 from Amazon for $59.99 triple minutes/text/data for life.  Can't beat that deal.  Amazon still has the phone if you want to check it out.  $60.00 for a full year service, as I don't talk much or use data.  If I need more text it's just $10.00 for 1000.

Contributor

Thanks, I saw HSN has one for 89 plus 1200 minutes, chargers & case.. Then I'll be good for another year.

Is there anything you don't like about that phone?

Respected Contributor

I have the LG Ultimate 2 and I like it a lot.  My minutes will have to be updated in Sept. and that's when I have to decide to stay with the phone I have or get a new phone, and start all over again getting it set up and programing in the phone numbers I use.

Contributor

I don't like updating the new phones. This will be my 6th phone. I bought the LG 840 twice. Wish we all could by our phones together, meet for lunch and try to figure out the new phone. ;-)

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pa2Fl I have the Ultimate 2 and the Sunset.  I much prefer the Ultimate 2 to the Sunset.  The Ultimate 2 is my primary cell phone and the Sunset is my Batphone, as I call it.  They both use different networks, which is what I wanted.  The Ultimate 2 uses Verizon and the Sunset uses AT&T.  After Hurricane Sandy, I had an AT&T phone and no service for several days.  My sister had Verizon and she had service.  Since then I have wanted two phones that use different networks.  I also wanted a backup phone for people who I didn't want to give my primary number to (stores, etc.)  

There will be an upcoming TS on the other channel for the LG Treasure, which will use AT&T's towers.  If I knew this was coming I would have waited and chosen the Treasure over the Sunset becuase the Treasure has a 5 inch screen.  It's 90 dollars.  The Sunset has a 4.5 inch screen.  It was also 90 dollars a few months ago.

I really like LG's smartphones.  I tried an Alcatel phone once (the One Touch Pop Icon) and I didn't like it at all.  I guess I'm just used to LG at this point.

Here is what I like about each phone...I like the Ultimate 2 because it has an LED button that will light up when you have a text.  I can walk into the room and see immediately if someone has texted me or called me.  I can also change the color of the LED according to person.  My sister is purple.  When she texts me it lights up purple.  My cousin is blue.  When she texts me it lights up blue.  I love this feature.  Some people probably think it's a silly feature, but I really enjoy it.  It's probably my favorite feature of the phone.  If another phone had that feature I would switch phones to something newer.

Overall, I don't love the Sunset.  The power button and volume buttons are on the back of the phone and I personally find it awkward.  If I used it more perhaps I would adjust, but I don't know.  As I said before, it's my secondary phone and I really don't use it.  What I like about it...it's speedy and uses a 4G LTE connection, whereas the Ultimate 2 uses a slower 3G connection.  The resolution of the Sunset is really nice and very crisp and clear.  The front-facing camera stinks.  I don't use it, but it stinks an embarrassing amount.  From what I can see of the Treasure it has a pretty good front-facing camera that does not stink.

The Treasure will also use 4G LTE.  It will also have the buttons on the back.

Hope this has helped.  Let me know if you have any questions.  If I were you I would narrow it down between the Ultimate 2 and the upcoming Treasure and forget about the Sunset.  I think the Treasure is a brand new model because I can't find any YouTube unboxing videos of it.  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Star, do you know if the Treasure has the flashing colored LEDs? I really like that feature to coordinate contacts and colors because I usually have the sound off. I wish the presenters would go over some of these things--though I don't expect them to rattle off features NOT on the model they're selling lol. I love LG phones, BTW, and find them intuitive and user-friendly.

What worries you masters you.