Trusted Contributor

Question re: Ultimate 2. Mobile Data disappearing....

I have this phone up and running since Dec. 9th. No problems till I discovered my Wireless will not hook up with my phone since Jan. 22nd. My data units have been disappearing and this is the reason. If I have the Mobile Data turned off, I cannot get emails or surf. It says I'm not connected to the Internet. My wireless chart on the main CPTR shows its hooked up but the phone says it's not. It must not be, I'm using data where I should be on the wireless. I have deleted my email acct and added it again as new, thinking it would just look up with the wireless and will not. It's funny, from Dec. 9th till Jan. 22nd, my data was not being used. Something napped Jan. 22nd, and my data usage is draining. I don't know what happened and am at a loss as to what do I do now. Have any of you had this wireless hook ip problem? TIA. Help!!,
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Super Contributor

Re: Question re: Ultimate 2. Mobile Data disappearing....

Your phone is not connected to your home Internet connections . You have to go into the phone setting and choose your home Internet connection. You will need your home Internet password.
Trusted Contributor

Thx for the reply. Under WI-FI networks, my wireless is shown. When I click on connect...it searches and searches and searches. After a couple of minutes or more it will say 'disabled'. It will not connect. So I shut the Mobile date button off and then that also ends my internet connection. Strange.
Honored Contributor

Try turning your router off for a few minutes then turn it on and try to connect again. If that doesn't work then take the phone someplace with free wifi and see if the phone can connect there.
Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

When I am setting up any new wireless device I will be close to the wireless router. I mean 10 feet. I am sure you have put your router's password into the phone.

Regular Contributor

On 2/4/2015 nutmeg3 said:

When I am setting up any new wireless device I will be close to the wireless router. I mean 10 feet. I am sure you have put your router's password into the phone.

You can be 10 feet near the router and you could have a worse signal than if you were 500 feet. means nothing.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/4/2015 WIlliam Joseph said:
On 2/4/2015 nutmeg3 said:

You can be 10 feet near the router and you could have a worse signal than if you were 500 feet. means nothing.

The word is could. I do not know a wireless router that will transmit a signal 500ft.

Trusted Contributor

Thx Everyone. I can get on other free wi fi but not on mine. So we have a new router coming and hopefully a new one will recognize my phone. Ours is 5 yrs old and was told that when we get these new items and an old router is not the best. So ok...we'll get a new wireless, much faster I guess and whatever else. I expect it all to be solved with my phone connecting. If not, I'll be back. Thx for your info. These forums are great and you all are so helpful.
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2015 jenagal said: Thx Everyone. I can get on other free wi fi but not on mine. So we have a new router coming and hopefully a new one will recognize my phone. Ours is 5 yrs old and was told that when we get these new items and an old router is not the best. So ok...we'll get a new wireless, much faster I guess and whatever else. I expect it all to be solved with my phone connecting. If not, I'll be back. Thx for your info. These forums are great and you all are so helpful.

I had my last router for over 5 years. All of my new devices connected without any problem. Chances are, you didn't enter the correct network security number and that's why your device didn't connect.

Honored Contributor

On 2/6/2015 glb613 said:
On 2/5/2015 jenagal said: Thx Everyone. I can get on other free wi fi but not on mine. So we have a new router coming and hopefully a new one will recognize my phone. Ours is 5 yrs old and was told that when we get these new items and an old router is not the best. So ok...we'll get a new wireless, much faster I guess and whatever else. I expect it all to be solved with my phone connecting. If not, I'll be back. Thx for your info. These forums are great and you all are so helpful.

I had my last router for over 5 years. All of my new devices connected without any problem. Chances are, you didn't enter the correct network security number and that's why your device didn't connect.

I tend to agree with this. If the phone connects to free sites without trouble it's not likely a phone issue. The password has to be entered exactly right (upper case and lower case where required) in order for it to work correctly. It's also possible you, or someone has changed the password and you're trying to enter an old password that's no longer valid. I'd changed the password on my router a couple of years ago and forgot I'd changed it until I got a new device and entered the old password and it didn't work. I eventually remembered I'd changed the password and used the new one and it worked fine.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!