Honored Contributor

Re: Question Kindle Fire 7" from Amazon

@mima wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

Your device is not a e-reader. 

It's not exclusively an e-reader, but yes it is an e-reader.

Yes, the Amazon website has an entire section on reading books and magazines on the Fire HD 7" sales page. And it should definitely allow for font changes as a part of accessibility laws, I believe.

I agree with @Roxie Pokie, I would contact customer service before I sent it back. A tech support person should be able to help.

It's too bad Amazon hasn't put the Mayday button on all the Kindle Fire tablets.

Super Contributor

Got 2 kindle fires today on amazon, $34.99, for thanksgiving/black friday!  What a deal.

Respected Contributor

@Ladyjenn wrote:

Got 2 kindle fires today on amazon, $34.99, for thanksgiving/black friday!  What a deal.

And I ordered one today; it should be shipped to me in December.

$34.99, a good deal.  Last week it was $49.99.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ Big Sister wrote:

@Ladyjenn wrote:

Guess who ordered one 2 weeks ago and paid $49.99?  Smiley Sad  It is a nice device though if anyone is curious.  As both a reader and tablet.

Respected Contributor

@ceekay wrote:

@ Big Sister wrote:

@Ladyjenn wrote:

Guess who ordered one 2 weeks ago and paid $49.99?  Smiley Sad  It is a nice device though if anyone is curious.  As both a reader and tablet.

You might call them and ask them if you can get that price since it hasn't been 30 days.  It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey @mima!   It worked!!  I sent them an email and have already received confirmation of a "goodwill" refund for $15 (in the form of a gift card).  Thanks for prompting me to give it a try!

Happy shopper here - go Amazon!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ceekay wrote:

Hey @mima!   It worked!!  I sent them an email and have already received confirmation of a "goodwill" refund for $15 (in the form of a gift card).  Thanks for prompting me to give it a try!

Happy shopper here - go Amazon!

Oh good!  They are the best!

Super Contributor

Late Wednesday night (11/25) I ordered the Amazon Kindle Fire 7" for $49.99.  When I saw Thursday morning (11/26) that it was reduced to $34.99, I immediately opened a chat session and asked for the price difference since it hadn't even been 24 hours since I ordered at the higher price.  I was given the $15 back in credit as "good will credit" and was very happy.  Of course, with the list our college grad daughter has given me of items wanted on Amazon, that $15 will be spent again quickly!