Respected Contributor

I like to play that arcade game every night around 2 or 3 AM. This started last week, a problem. When I click on arcade a red box comes up saying to join the circle and get 15% off your first order with HSN. Being I am not new to HSN, been shopping there as long as with QVC, I click on no thanks, nothing happens, box won't go away. I tried clicking on the x at the top right corner, nothing. I click on sign in to join, nothing. The only thing that works is clicking on the privacy policy but than after I click off that the box is still there and nothing I can do makes it go away which means I can't play the arcade game.

I e mailed them and got a reply to update adobe, did that, also said to make sure I delete cookies, files etc and am okay, always do that before signing off each night.

I don't know why all of a sudden this would happen

I have windows 10 and use both Internet explorer and firefox. It doesn't matter which I use, same thing happens.

I have a regular HP desk top computer with the tower.

Anyone know why this would happen and how to get around it?

thanks

Respected Contributor

I don't have any answer for you, but after I updated my HSN app last week, the site has been acting wonky at times. Since you aren't using the app, I wonder if they made some changes that have affected the performance of the app and the site. 

Trusted Contributor

The exact thing has been happening at the Southern Channel site once in a while for me too. It happens on the Q and even Amaz** sites too. I chalked it up to an extra security measure. 

I suppose it could be hackers trying to worm in, you never know these days.

Respected Contributor

yeah, I didn't do anything different and they clain they didn't either and have no idea why I am having this problem.

what's odd is I can click on to the privacy policy on that same red box but can't      click to close it or to say no thanks?

Respected Contributor

I found out it is my browser. I was using Firefox and that wouldn't let me click off that but using OE is fine with that site so, when I want to go to HSN I have to use OE, wonder why?

Respected Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

I found out it is my browser. I was using Firefox and that wouldn't let me click off that but using OE is fine with that site so, when I want to go to HSN I have to use OE, wonder why?

Is Firefox up to date? 

Valued Contributor

i guess it would be thier internal issue..  ;

Respected Contributor

yes, firefox is up to date. I check  every Monday and Friday for updates for everything. I have AD updates set for my virus and malware program but still do a manual updates.

I checked for updates when it wouldn't work, says up to date.

I have no problems using outlook. HSN said to try another browser and works fine, no problems.