Honored Contributor

Re: Printer Won't Print After Rebooting Modem And Router

@NickNack

you talking about wi-fi printing? i have a canon printer that also has air printing. it is capable of wi-fi printing, but that feature is useless to me. i have a new 4k tv set, and i also upgraded to the Dish network Hopper3 for awhile. still way too many problems they have to fix with that model, so i went back to the Hopper/Sling model.

if you are talking wi-fi, are the new tv and tivo connecting to you wi-fi network? unless you are talking internet access via your new tv set and tivo, guess i am missing something here why the printer is even involved.

hnj

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

John, this is slightly off topic, but are you aware of a site called Satellite Guys.US? They are such a great wealth of info about all things DISH and Hopper. They even have DISH reps on there who provide far better support than calling DISH can get you. Thanks for the heads up on the Hopper 3. I was considering getting it, but if it has a lot of issues, I will pass for now. I still have glaring software issues on my Hoppers that they have not bothered to fix.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nicknack wrote:

Today I set up a new TV and Tivo.  The Tivo wouldn't set up immediately, and I had to reboot the modem and router.  I have a feeling that's when the printer stopped printing.  

I have a Netgear router and Comcast modem.  My printer is a Canon, and it has Air Print.  Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get the printer running again?

I did Google this, and all I could find was people who had a new router and now their printer wouldn't work.  I don't have a new router, so those questions/answers don't apply to my situation.

If all of your other wireless devices connect, then it's the printer and not the router.  Get into the Canon menu found on the printer.  My Canon has a popup screen on the upper right side.  Use the down or up arrow buttons (surrounding the OK button) and scroll until you find and highlight setup then press OK.  There will be an option to connect to your network. 

You need to know the security password for your Wifi network to connect.  Many newer routers have the name and passkey/password located on the side or bottom of the router. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks so much everyone for your help.  I'll start working on it this morning.

@hckynut  Yes, I'm talking about wi-fi printing.  The Tivo did connect to wi-fi, so I have no idea why the printer got kicked out.  I'm going to try these ideas and see if I can get it working again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Nicknack wrote:

Today I set up a new TV and Tivo.  The Tivo wouldn't set up immediately, and I had to reboot the modem and router.  I have a feeling that's when the printer stopped printing.  

I have a Netgear router and Comcast modem.  My printer is a Canon, and it has Air Print.  Does anyone have any idea what I need to do to get the printer running again?

I did Google this, and all I could find was people who had a new router and now their printer wouldn't work.  I don't have a new router, so those questions/answers don't apply to my situation.

I had similiar issues with a printer

have you tried deleting the printer and reinstalling it?

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Nicknack wrote:

I had similiar issues with a printer

have you tried deleting the printer and reinstalling it?

No, I haven't tried that.  If the other ideas don't work, I'll do that.  I haven't looked at it this morning, and I went to bed last night before all the replies came in.  I'll start working on it soon.  Thanks again, everyone, for the suggestions.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I think I'm going to have to uninstall the printer and then reinstall it as jackthebear suggested.  I've tried a lot of different things.  The odd thing is that the wi-fi light is on like it's connected.  I've never gotten a message saying it wasn't connected, so that must not be the problem.

How do I uninstall the printer on a MacBook Air?  I've tried Googling it, and it said to drag the application from it's current location to the trash.  It wasn't talking about a printer, but a program.  I just can't find what I need.  

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got the printer to work.  The wi-fi light was on, so I didn't think that was the problem.  I ended up resetting the printer anyway from the on-screen directory, and it worked.  Thanks, everyone, for your replies and help.

-Henry David Thoreau