Respected Contributor

Re: Phone Call On My IPad....Who Knew?

@gidgetgh wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

Hmmmmm. My devices don't do that.   Is there a setting for it ? 

@glb613- on your phone, go to settings and then scroll down to phone and then here are the next two screens. 

Calls on other devices:  should say "when nearby". 

Then go go to the next screen in that same setting. Turn on "allow calls on other devices". And below that it says allow calls on and turn on both the iPad and Mac choices. I did some screen shots but for some reason I can't get them to insert on my post here. 

Let me know if that works. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@glb613 wrote:

@gidgetgh wrote:

@glb613 wrote:

Hmmmmm. My devices don't do that.   Is there a setting for it ? 

@glb613- on your phone, go to settings and then scroll down to phone and then here are the next two screens. 

Calls on other devices:  should say "when nearby". 

Then go go to the next screen in that same setting. Turn on "allow calls on other devices". And below that it says allow calls on and turn on both the iPad and Mac choices. I did some screen shots but for some reason I can't get them to insert on my post here. 

Let me know if that works. 

I changed the settings and will let you know if it works.

edit:  it works. 

Honored Contributor

I have Messenger installed on my iPads so that my family and I can post back and forth privately on FB.  Today, while on there, I noticed that there is an icon of a phone handset.  I didn't try it but I'll bet that I could call someone that also had Messenger installed on their iPads.  They don't have to know your phone number.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I have an iPad but no iPhone. I installed Talkatone on my iPad when I first got it so I could make free long distance phone calls. They now charge for it. I never checked out to see how much or how it works. They also have that FaceTime that works with other Apple products but I have never used it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

From what I gather @Nightowlz, this service is included with an ap called Messenger ( used like Instant Message) that you can have installed on apple ipads.  It's free.  In the upper right hand corner of the Ap is a phone handset icon.  Click on it to make a call.  I haven't done it, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

From what i gather @Nightowlz, this service is included with an ap called Messenger ( used like Instant Message) that you can have installed on apple ipads.  It's free.  In the upper right hand corner of the Ap is a phone handset icon.  Click on it to make a call.  I haven't done it, though.

Ok, Thx. I will check out the app.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My ipadair 2 and my iphone 5s talk!  I am sitting here playing on my ipad and if the phone rings i can answer it on my Ipad.  Pretty cool.  Texting comes thru too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mmsfoxxie@Shawnie@Nightowlz@glb613@gidgetgh

By looking this up on the Internet ("how do I answer calls on my iPad?") if you go into "settings" "handoff" 

on devices that you plan to use this way,

you can set them up to be interchangeable.

The devices must all be signed into the same Apple ID user account. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~