Trusted Contributor

On Chromebook, what does "error blocked enrollment check pending" mea?

I got this message after I reset my HP Chromebook 14 back to default setting.  Not only do I get this error message I get another one bringing me to a screen that asks me to pick from different cable companies in order to connect to the internet.  I don't use cable to connect, I use a Verizon modem router. Im writing here cause I can't afford help from geek squad or to pay someone a ton to fix it.  I never thought trying to return to default setting would render my computer useless.  I am so mad.   Do u think it's best to just buy another Chromebook?  I contacted HP but since computer is out of warranty they won't help for free. Sorry for typos. Using g a tablet and too upset to fix typos. Thanks for any suggrstions

Trusted Contributor

Re: On Chromebook, what does "error blocked enrollment check pending" mea?

@newjersey wrote:

I got this message after I reset my HP Chromebook 14 back to default setting.  Not only do I get this error message I get another one bringing me to a screen that asks me to pick from different cable companies in order to connect to the internet.  I don't use cable to connect, I use a Verizon modem router. Im writing here cause I can't afford help from geek squad or to pay someone a ton to fix it.  I never thought trying to return to default setting would render my computer useless.  I am so mad.   Do u think it's best to just buy another Chromebook?  I contacted HP but since computer is out of warranty they won't help for free. Sorry for typos. Using g a tablet and too upset to fix typos. Thanks for any suggrstions

Hi @newjersey,

I'm trying to figure out what happened here...

Did you try to reset your Chromebook, meaning use the Reset feature, or did you try and do a Power Wash with it, to reset it?

If you did a Reset, I would try doing a Power Wash next.

Doing a Power Wash to it will wipe everything out of it, including anything that you might have picked up along the way, that might be any kind of adware/malware with it.

If you do a Power Wash to it, that will take you right to the out of the box factory default settings, where you will have to re-register it like it comes to you, out of the box.

As for your internet connection, that will show up when you try and connect to the internet, in your wireless information if you try and connect that way, with a wireless connection.

As to the error message you are receiving, I was reading that that could be a problem with certain brands of Chromebooks. This could possibly happen with licensing issues with a Chromebook that isn't new, but was previously used. 

However, if you haven't Power Washed it, I would see if that works first. 

Trusted Contributor

@Toppers, thank u for taking the time to reply.   I wound up buying another Chromebook ( an Acer this time) and should get it next week.  This HP Chromebook just had too many problems.   I'm typing this on a tablet.   After doing the reset thing on the HP Chromebook, it wouldn't even let me connect to the internet, amongst all the other things wrong with it.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @newjersey,

You're welcome for the help @newjerseySmiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you had trouble with this one.

My husband and I both use Chromebooks. 

He has an Acer and really likes his. He has had his for about two years now. I have an HP and have had it for about a year. 

We both like using our Chromebooks. 

I hope that this next one works out better for you. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Toppers, thanks.  I like Chromebooks too.  Looking forward to getting the new one.