Contributor

O/T Get Your Old Images Out Of Those Keychain Viewers From Zoo/Amusement Park!

Sorry if I'm the last person in the world to realize this, but to me, it's news. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I was doing some cleaning and ran across a couple of those old amusement park plastic keyhole viewers (typically, an employee would take your picture as you entered the park/zoo/attraction and issue a little ticket. Later, as you left the park, you could hand them your ticket to retrieve your photo, see the finished product and purchase if you chose.) We tinkered around with the viewers I found, holding them up to various light sources and then trying to take a shot with our phones, and finally we hit paydirt. (The correct combination for us proved to be the kitchen chandelier and the I-Phone 4. Who knew?) A medium light source and a small aperture camera are what you need! Anyway, it's easy to send the pic around after that and run it through a program to clean up the image. Wonderful old photos! Would make the nicest Christmas cards! If you have boxes of these in the attic or garage, you might be delighted at being able to share these after so long.

Hold the camera right up to the viewer lens, then position the viewer in front of your light. Could take more than one try to get it.