Super Contributor

I have a Kindle Fire HD, so I'm used to using a tablet. So far Instagram is my favorite perk, it's not available on the Kindle. 

Any tips or tricks?

TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Nook Galaxy tab E, perks?

@Ane1Care wrote:

I have a Kindle Fire HD, so I'm used to using a tablet. So far Instagram is my favorite perk, it's not available on the Kindle. 

Any tips or tricks?

TIA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR9_EaD0XAY

The Nook Tablets are just Samsung tablets. You can find a Samsung 8" S2 on Jet.com for 299.  You can find a Samsung 9.6" at Best Buy for $399.

These two tablets are true Android devices and will run all of the apps in Google's Play store. They both have 32GB of storage, about 20 GB free with the OS installed. 

Honored Contributor

Google "side loading apps on the Kindle Fire."  There are several sites that should offer help. You can also go to the Kindle discussion forum on Amazon and ask there and I know they will tell you.

In your settings you have to "allow installation of third party apps" - and from there, various safe sites can be found (see googling advice above) to download from. It just ca 't be downloaded from Google Play or the Amazon app store, but it can be done.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I hope you have an anti-virus app installed on your tablet. I use the free side of Norton. It will scan apps when you turn on your tablet and when you update an app. There are AV apps made for the Kindle on Amazon.