Respected Contributor

New ipads available on 03/24 to order

[ Edited ]

And they are cheaper  starting at $329  for 9.7 inch!  looks like they are no longer selling the ipad air  or any of the minis prior to ipad mini 4. I saw this on the apple website.  I may pass for I do not want another big tablet.  Funny how it is cheaper than the mini 4.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New ipads available on 03/24 to order

The new release must be soon.  Anyone know when???

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

No one has listed one yet, just the pre-order date. The spring event hasn't had a date announced. Last I heard it might be April.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like the 128 GB is $429.

I also saw that they are coming out with a red iPhone.  I like red, but I keep mine in a protective case, so it really doesn't matter what color my phone is because I can't see it due to the case.

Honored Contributor

This really is a strangely "new" configuration of an iPad. 

I definitely want a Pro, but not sure which size, and today's release is not being referred to as anything.

Not "air" not "Pro" and not numbered.

Read carefully before you decide.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lilysmom wrote:

I think it is 03/24 still. Apple.com did not say it was a preorder date. Just an order date.  I bet it will be in stores soon  for Apple tablets are being discounted almost everywhere except QVC and HSN. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz, thank you!!!  LM

Honored Contributor

I have a regular sized iPad and I'm thinking about adding a mini. They've increased the memory on it. They say it's in stock now. I'm going to think about it for a day or two. 

I find myself looking up stuff more often now when I'm away from home and it's not too easy to do that on my phone. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

I was actually at the Apple store yesterday looking to buy the Air 2 .They were out of stock & expected back in on 4/5.This morning I found out that they are launching the new iPad on 3/24 & discontinuing the Air 2.I called the Apple 800 customer service # & spoke to a representative who told me that the employees found out about it when they got to work this morning!!

Anyway,the guy told me that it has most of the specs of the Air 2.But the new model has a faster processor.The price is cheaper because Apple wants to be more competitive.It has the top of the line Pro for those techies who want everything.And then it has the new iPad for everyday use for the average person or student.It will still carry the mini because it's more suitable for kids & families.

I'm going to wait until after the official launch,when the store will be less crowded. I will then check it out & make my purchase!!  

Honored Contributor

That's good news.  I wish the iPad Pro would go down in price.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)