Frequent Contributor

New Tracfone user...question about facebook app.

I have the Samsung galaxy tsv...great phone!   Problem I'm having is, I put my facebook stuff on it....how do I delete all of the messages?     Do I have to delete every thing from my laptop in order to clear the space on my phone?     I also didn't keep a confirmation # that they sent me in order to download instagram & probably other apps.  Is there a way to find that number again?    Hope I'm making sense for you guys....I'm so confused!    lol   (my kids tell me that I'm making it harder than it is!)

Honored Contributor

Re: New Tracfone user...question about facebook app.

@conniebird wrote:

I have the Samsung galaxy tsv...great phone!   Problem I'm having is, I put my facebook stuff on it....how do I delete all of the messages?     Do I have to delete every thing from my laptop in order to clear the space on my phone?     I also didn't keep a confirmation # that they sent me in order to download instagram & probably other apps.  Is there a way to find that number again?    Hope I'm making sense for you guys....I'm so confused!    lol   (my kids tell me that I'm making it harder than it is!)

When you say messages, do you mean from Facebook Messenger? (That's a separate app outside of Facebook.) Those messages are stored on Facebook servers and not on your phone, so you can delete them if you want, but they are not using the memory on your phone. The app itself takes up memory, but it doesn't get larger with each message.

You say they sent you a confirmation number that you didn't keep. How did they send it to you? Did they text it? Email it? If so, you may be able to get it back in your old emails or messages. If not, then I don't know. If someone sends you something you might need, it's up to you to make sure you keep a record of it.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you ChynnaBlue   The FB messages are the same ones that are on my computer.   Just couldn't figure out how to get them off of my phone.   The confirmation # (I can't remember ..seemed it just popped up)   Didn't realize that it was something that I might need....duh!!!   Guess it's not a big deal since I will probably only use the phone to text my family now & then.  Also get my emails on there.   I prefer to use my laptop  & will use the phone to make phone calls...lol

Frequent Contributor

This is regarding my previous post.......Problem solved.....found the confirmation # & now am on instagram.   I'm happy to know that my face book messages don't use up my phone memory.    Now that I've had this new Samsung for awhile, I am really "getting to know it"   Great phone & a very good camera also.   My first smart phone, so it took me some time to figure everything out.