Honored Contributor

I'm contemplating getting a tablet. I would like to use it for streaming Netflix etc. Ayoung man told me that an Ipad is the way to go, however I'm not tech savvy a all, and would appreciate any advice or recs. that you have . TIA.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm not either.  I just take my finger and poke and point over and over and something happens.

I have several versions of the apple IPAD.  I just like Apple products.

I don't know that they are the best (my son-in-law says they are and he owns a computer company).

You don't say how much you want to spend.  I think probably even the one's that aren't known are probably just as good.

Everyone is going to tell you something different.  In the end you will have to decide for yourself.  Good luck.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it takes you to a site selling merchandise.

Respected Contributor

I love my iPads....I have dish anywhere so I can take it anywhere with me and watch tv or movies 😊

Super Contributor

I love my iPad! My daughter has a Samsung Andriod tablet and loves it. I find it more difficult to use. But, that could be because I'm so used to the iPad. One thing that really helped me when I first got it was a trip to the Apple Store. They have great help and will teach you to use it. HTH,

Respected Contributor

iPad!

Honored Contributor

I've been using an iPad for the last 3-4 years but the last update Apple insisted everyone do totally wrecked my pad.   I was so mad about it,  thinking perhaps Apple did it on purpose so people would buy new ones,  that I refuse to buy another Apple product.  

Instead,  I got a Samsung S2,  which is about the same size as my iPad but is thinner and lighter weight.  I got it "black Friday" when Amazon had them for $100, off.   I find it very user friendly and have enjoyed it.   It's 32gb with an expandable memory.   The only downside is that it doesn't stay charged as long as my iPad... just a minor annoyance.  At this point,  I think I'd prefer it over an iPad. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

The best? I can tell you that the Android Operating System is the #1 when it comes to sales and not by just a teeny-weeny little bit. There are several reasons for that starting with the price.

You can buy a Samsung or HP for 1/4 of the price of any thing "I". All major brand Android tablets have any unlimited amount of storage space. You can buy as many Micro-SD Cards as you choose to save your pictures/music/video and so on.

Use up your Internal memory on an iPad? Head to the Apple store and buy a new one, or Delete things you really want to save.  You can stream Netflix/Utube or whatever you choose with  " Quadcore Android" with any 4.2 version on up to the latest Marshmallow version. Netflix looks great on our 10" HP Android 5.0 Lollipop version, no buffering?

Sure the "I" will do some things exclusive to Apple, but the Android will do things exclusive also. Dollar for dollar/feature for feature, you can buy at least 2 name brand Android tablets for the price of the same size "I".

I love the new technologies and I also like paying less for the formats that give you more " bang for the buck". And this electronic geek believes in tablets, that goes to the Android.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've been using an iPad for the last 3-4 years but the last update Apple insisted everyone do totally wrecked my pad.   I was so mad about it,  thinking perhaps Apple did it on purpose so people would buy new ones,  that I refuse to buy another Apple product.  

Instead,  I got a Samsung S2,  which is about the same size as my iPad but is thinner and lighter weight.  I got it "black Friday" when Amazon had them for $100, off.   I find it very user friendly and have enjoyed it.   It's 32gb with an expandable memory.   The only downside is that it doesn't stay charged as long as my iPad... just a minor annoyance.  At this point,  I think I'd prefer it over an iPad. 

There is no way an update can wreck your iPad.  If it wasn't working correctly, you could have done a restore and it would have reset it back to the original condition.  Had you come here, we could have helped you. 

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

The best? I can tell you that the Android Operating System is the #1 when it comes to sales and not by just a teeny-weeny little bit. There are several reasons for that starting with the price.

You can buy a Samsung or HP for 1/4 of the price of any thing "I". All major brand Android tablets have any unlimited amount of storage space. You can buy as many Micro-SD Cards as you choose to save your pictures/music/video and so on.

Use up your Internal memory on an iPad? Head to the Apple store and buy a new one, or Delete things you really want to save.  You can stream Netflix/Utube or whatever you choose with  " Quadcore Android" with any 4.2 version on up to the latest Marshmallow version. Netflix looks great on our 10" HP Android 5.0 Lollipop version, no buffering?

Sure the "I" will do some things exclusive to Apple, but the Android will do things exclusive also. Dollar for dollar/feature for feature, you can buy at least 2 name brand Android tablets for the price of the same size "I".

I love the new technologies and I also like paying less for the formats that give you more " bang for the buck". And this electronic geek believes in tablets, that goes to the Android.

hckynut(john)

There really is not a price difference between an Apple Air 32GB and a Samsung S2 of the same size.