Esteemed Contributor

Need help transferring pics from galaxy 6 to Dell laptop

I just got back from a 2 week trip and need to transfer photos from galaxy 6 phone to Dell laptop.  Please post instructions.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need help transferring pics from galaxy 6 to Dell laptop

[ Edited ]

@patbz wrote:

I just got back from a 2 week trip and need to transfer photos from galaxy 6 phone to Dell laptop.  Please post instructions.

@patbz

Not familiar with doing this, but if you are using a Windows computer, I don't know why it would be different than connecting any other USB device. My wife has a Galaxy S5 and I told her the same thing, which she knows how to fo, and she never needed me to help her after that conversation.

If you plug your phone into an available USB port on your computer/go to start/computer/look for a new device being connected(you might be better opening "computer first after hitting "start", then plug in your phone into the USB port) that way you should see it add a new drive along with seeing your C  drive.

Double click on new drive and do a regular "drag and drop", the same as moving other pix from other sources.

I've never done this because I am not a cell phone guy. If this isn't right, I am sure others here can help you that are into taking pix and moving them.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

OP

might I suggest  tha you enter your question into your search engine, and you will find out how to do this

Valued Contributor

@patbz- it is easy for the S5 as @hckynut states.  To me, it was not totally intuitive which folder on the phone the pictures were in, I recall it was not the one I expected it to be.  But, once located, it was pretty much drag and drop.  I no longer have that phone or I would connect it and look.  And as @jackthebear said, you can also google and someplace will tell you which folder to look for.  Good luck!  I hate that my phone is smarter than me sometimes.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Samsung Note 5 from Verizon. VZW gives customers a limited amount of free storage with their account. The photos backup to their cloud automatic.

I also use a Google Photo app with Google Drive to store my photos on GMail account. This you normally setup before the trip. 

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en&oco=1

You can always go to your wireless company for help. Just take your phone.