Valued Contributor

Need Advice on a tool to clean my Mac.

The program I have, to clean the files on my Mac, doesn't work on the lates version recently downloaded.  I checked at the App store and there are several choices.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Need Advice on a tool to clean my Mac.

I use Dr Cleaner and AntiVirus Sentinel Pro.  Dr Cleaner takes care of space issues and the other will help with spam and virus, though it's very rare that a Mac can get a virus.

Contributor

Not sure why you need to do this. Be careful of fraud "Clean your Mac" notices. I suggest going to a Mac chat (Google it) and see what others recommend or go to a Mac store and question the techs.

Honored Contributor

What exactly do you mean by "clean the files?" 

What problems/issues are you having?

Which OS version is currently installed?

There are no "viruses" that affect OSX.  However, there are malware & adware that can affect the Mac.  There are highly recommended FREE software that will take care of them.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure what you are asking, but if it is a question of how to clean the spaces between the keys, I use a can of air and spray it to clean the keys and board.

Respected Contributor

@Nicecupoftea wrote:

The program I have, to clean the files on my Mac, doesn't work on the lates version recently downloaded.  I checked at the App store and there are several choices.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

If you post the name of the program you used before you upgraded your operating system, perhaps we can help.  You can always go to the app store and do a search.