Valued Contributor

Re: NEW LAPTOP BATTERY

[ Edited ]

The battery that came with my computer is a 9cell so I got the new 9cell and an adapter to match what I had.  My computer says the battery is working normally so I would assume this battery does not have any higher battery time.  I did call the company today and left a message that I would like the RMA on both of these items and I also emailed back to them that I don't want a replacement and am sending both back.  Their policy is a 30 day return so as soon as I get it I'll send it out.  Question is I find this battery not what a 9cell should be so who pays the return shipping. 

Just decided to get a Dell battery and hopefully it will give me more time.  My husband and I have the same computer and I've used mine a lot more than he has.  I checked his battery and he still has 2 hours on his.

Hopefully this return will go smoothly. 

Respected Contributor

IMO, @kismet , if I sunk $90 big ones on a battery, I'd want to see some improvement, for sure.Woman Wink

There's so much that goes into determining how much you can expect to realize; i.e., your particular configuration and its power requirements, what you'd be doing on the laptop, the size of your screen, etc.

Good luck with your return.  Sounds like the right decision to me.   I've always found that battery times are inflated.  Woman Happy 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

Hi again, Kismet!  Well, darn!  I thought I had it figured out.   Smiley Happy    I'd go back to my initial theory in that you tend to get less from generic brand batteries so, fingers crossed that the Dell brand one works as it should.

My first laptop was a Dell that came with a 9cell battery and it gave quite a lot of time.  I use mine 99% of the time plugged in and only run them on battery about once a month to run the battery down now and then.  

But my Dell battery did die after a few years and I just never replaced it.  It ended up off my network anyway because it has XP and it couldn't run online with  the higher security that I went to when I replaced my first router.

Hope it goes well.

Valued Contributor

I called the company this morning as soon as they opened.  Realized that no company seems to open when they say.  So called a little later and spoke to someone.  Was told they would send me another battery and would pay for return postage for this one if they sent me another battery.  I told them I didn't want another battery and they said I could send this one back for a refund but I would have to pay the postage.  I said the battery is defective but they said they won't pay cause they have to recoup the cost.  So I'll send it back, pay for it and then leave a review which I feel is fair.

I was on the phone with the guy and I got disconnected. So I called back and was speaking to the same guy and got disconnected again.  I called back and it said to leave a message, I said between the battery being defective and two  disconnected calls I've had enough and I'll send it out.

I did go on the battery meter on my computer and it said the battery is working normally so I would assume that the battery was only capable of keeping a charge for 2 hours.  When I find another battery I'm going to ask how many hours I can expect on the battery before I buy it.  Wondering if others have had the same problem.

Esteemed Contributor

I would sent all of it back. The adapter and the battery and buy from Dell.

Valued Contributor

I am sending both of them back.  Figured I would just get an adapter from Dell.  The adapter I got has a smaller opening where it plugs into my computer and while it works it falls out when I move the notebook. I have been using my old one that still works. The other one has been boxed up.   Didn't consider that when I got it.  Now I know to ask before I buy.