Honored Contributor

My iPad doesn't auto capitalize anymore, but it is set to do so.

Is there anyone else with this weird problem? I have an iPad mini2 and the IOS is updated. It's set for capitalizations but it doesn't even capitalize the first word in a sentence anymore.

Frequent Contributor

Re: My iPad doesn't auto capitalize anymore, but it is set to do so.

The first thing I ALWAYS do is....turn it off and back on.  Most of the time it fixes whatever problem I am having.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try turning that function off in settings and then back on again.

This works for me when some note functions disappear on my iPad,  I don't need to turn the iPad off.

Honored Contributor

Glad you mentioned this. Mine has done it off and on since the last update. I've blamed it on the fact that my iPad is getting kind of creaky. I'll have to watch it more carefully.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mindy D wrote:

Is there anyone else with this weird problem? I have an iPad mini2 and the IOS is updated. It's set for capitalizations but it doesn't even capitalize the first word in a sentence anymore.

Are spell check and autocorrect still working? I had this issue on my iPhone after I updated to iOS 10, but it also turned spell check and autocorrect off, even though all the settings for spell check and autocorrect were turned on.

Several calls with Apple customer service and a complete reset and restore of the phone did not help. After a few days, it appeared to fix itself, then it happened again. I noticed that tapping the globe on the keyboard toggled these features off and on and I was doing it accidently quite often. Too bad no one seems to have told Apple CS about that.

Esteemed Contributor

I would take it to the Apple store. I have the Ipad2 and never had this problem. I just checked it now and no problems.