Super Contributor

Microsoft to deliver free upgrades to Windows 10

http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-to-deliver-free-windows-10-upgrades/

Microsoft will offer free upgrades to Windows 10 -- the next version of its operating system -- first for Windows 8.1 users and then for Windows 7 users, the company announced Wednesday.

In the first year the software is available, the company will upgrade any devices running Windows 8 to Windows 10 for free, according to Terry Myerson, Microsoft's executive vice president of operating systems. The free upgrade will also apply to Windows 7 devices and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Microsoft to deliver free upgrades to Windows 10

Oh no, I insist, you go first Smile

Trusted Contributor

Not computer savy and get puzzled ,should I up grade to Microsoft 10, or will it do it automatically,have windows 8.2 now I think. tucka.

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/26/2015 tucka said:

Not computer savy and get puzzled ,should I up grade to Microsoft 10, or will it do it automatically,have windows 8.2 now I think. tucka.

There is a old expression. If it is not broke do not fix it. Enjoy Windows 8.1.

Microsoft is giving customers the use of Windows 10 free for 1 year. You then have to pay a yearly or monthly fee from then on.

Regular Contributor

On 1/26/2015 nutmeg3 said:
On 1/26/2015 tucka said:

There is a old expression. If it is not broke do not fix it. Enjoy Windows 8.1.

Microsoft is giving customers the use of Windows 10 free for 1 year. You then have to pay a yearly or monthly fee from then on.

This is incorrect. Windows 10 upgrade is free for the first year, after that if one wants to upgrade to Windows 10 there will be a one-time charge for the software. There is no yearly or monthly fee.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/01/26/windows-10-attacks-microsoft/