Esteemed Contributor

Re: Light up LED home button on Tracfone Samsung TSV?

@Stargazer77  I mostly text, so have the NoLED show a picture onscreen of the person who's texting. But I just use the "even bigger" sized icons provided for incoming email, calls & missed calls.

I have all icons set to rove randomly on the screen, moving at 15 second intervals. The movement makes it more noticeable. 

But if you are setting up a primarily unused phone with sound turned off I'd suggest just going with moving dots rather than big icons to conserve battery. In that kind of situation the Notification could be signaling for hours before you see it.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Stargazer77! The Premier is a nice phone with very good sound quality, at least compared to my backup phone, an Ultimate2. I use Call Blocker on both my phones for unwanted calls. Works well.

Honored Contributor

For those of you with back-up phones, you must have different phone numbers, yes?

(It's not like have extensions on your home phone, correct?)

Esteemed Contributor

Correct @lulu2. Each phone is assigned it's own phone number. 2 phones cannot share a phone number.
Honored Contributor

@x Hedge

Thanks for your response.  We always transfer our same number to our new phones.  The thought never crossed my mind to keep the old phone in service.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu2,  I did originally plan to port the old phone number to the new TracFone, but it occurred to me to activate the new TracFone with a new number, and use the new phone heavily to make sure all was in good working order in those first 30 days. I could always transfer the old number at a later date.

That proved to be such a good idea I stayed with it. I won't go down to only one phone.