Respected Contributor

@nycgrl wrote:

I have one from last year.  For me personally, it does what I need it to do.  I do my real work on my laptop.  I did put an SD card in for more memory which is a good feature to have.  Also, mine didn't come with a cover.  Depending on budget and what you want it for, it's an OK tablet.  It's great for just sitting on the couch surfing or playing a game. I like to find restaurants, look at menus, check out the shopping channels, etc.  Would be good for recipes b/c you can just ask "Google" - that feature works extremely well.  Very accurate on voice commands.  I know the other channel has a tablet on sale also - I believe it is a Samsung - to me personally, that might be a better deal and comes with more.  I would definitely comparison shop.

nycgrl...do you have a link to the Samsung to which you're referring?  TIA!

Respected Contributor

I really appreciate everyone's responses, advice, and opinions.  Thank you!   I don't know how much I would use a tablet, which is why I am considering going cheaper this first round.  I use my laptop for everything but thought a cheapie tablet might be something I would use to pull up recipes or just go to Facebook at the end of the day rather than use my laptop...thought I would use it for things that don't require typing.  I have the Nook that's just for reading but find I like reading a "real" book better, and I don't get magazines or play games.  I would use it basically to surf.  Hmmm...going to have to think about this...  Thanks, again.  I did call CS, and they said it was not going to have a holiday return time frame...just 30 days.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@circles wrote:

My sil bought five Lepan tablets for her grands...she got them last year for Christmas...everyone loves them...she was sorry she didn't buy one for herself...but they were a TSV and sold out....

All of her sons and dil's are very computer/tablet savvy....and they said the LePans were great...they set them up as soon as the kids opened their present....

So she bought herself an Acer tablet and she likes that, too...

May I asked how much this tablet will be...I might buy myself one..

Circles, here is the link to the TSV...

http://www.qvc.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=E227555&storeId=10251&TZ=EST&...

Thank you, tgbtg....I just put two of them in my shopping cart....

Contributor

Personally i would only by this for a child or an older person who just wants to play on the internet.

Super Contributor

I decided to order it since the price was really reasonable...

Will be a learning tool for my husband who does not know how to use a pc..

Even for myself who just uses a desk top .

We are both seniors my husband is 80 i am 77.

Did read some mixed reviews and a bit aprehensive about it now..

However since it is on easy pay and have 30 days to return..

Am willing to chance it.

With all the technology out there it is really very over whelming for me.

Do hope i am making a good decision about getting it?

Would love to hear from anyone that has it or any opinions about it?

Thanks,

lovestodanceWoman Frustrated

I purchased 7 of these in 9/14. I am highly satisfied with this devise. I am a Sunday School director and sr adult ss teacher. I use evernote app to make notes and biblical notations and my lessons plans. I also use it to read. This is a wonderful buy. And you should take advantage of this tsv while you can. I gave each of my grandkids (4 boys and 1 girl ages 4 to 7) they love it. I have a dell inspiron 17R that is linked to my tablet. It is easy to type appointments on the tablet (most drs have wifi in there offices.

, and it automatically shows up on your computer. I am using it to write this post.

Super Contributor

Important to know? How long does the charge work? Some just mentioned the charge does not last very long.

What about using? Meaning do i need to connect to a wireless port?

The only one i have is a Verizon router which does have a wireless port.

Problem is i have a desk top PC and would be very annoying to keep replugging in to recharge the unit.

My husband as i mentioned in another post. Does not know how to use a computer.

He loves to play games that he watches on Direct TV game show channels... Wondering if you can get these with the LePan?

I am not Pc savvy and hope this device will be a good learning tool?

Would really love to hear opinions and advice on this?

Thanks

lovestodance

Super Contributor

A few posters mentioned memory card? I feel stupid what is it? How can you use it for the LePan? Also does it increase the amount of time while using it?

Please anyone that can help with questions please reply?

Also any comments about this device would be greatly appreciated.

The price was the incentive as this would be a learning tool for both my husband and myself.

Thanks,

lovestodance

Esteemed Contributor

@lovestodance wrote:

A few posters mentioned memory card? I feel stupid what is it? How can you use it for the LePan? Also does it increase the amount of time while using it?

Please anyone that can help with questions please reply?

Also any comments about this device would be greatly appreciated.

The price was the incentive as this would be a learning tool for both my husband and myself.

Thanks,

lovestodance

Please do not buy anthing extra. Here is the item # E227799 for this device. You can find a setup video, and a quick start guide, and a manual. The setup video should help.

You may want to save a copy on your computer of the PDF for later.

Super Contributor

Recieved mine yesterday... Was trying to get it started... My first experience with a tablet...

Have a desk top wired pc with a Verizon router.... I called Verizon today to ask if the wireless conection would work...

She told me that there was a sticker under the router that gave the key/pass phrase for WIFI connection for it..

My problem is i cannot find the list of WIFI to find out if the key pass phase is listed....

I did charge up the tablet last night and said it was 100% connected...

I did disconnect to call Verizon and after call saw the charge diminished.

Was on the phone only for 5 to 10 min...

Seems the charge does not last long at all.

My reason for getting wireless was to be able to use in any area of my home.

So now i am wondering if it was a good purchase or not?

Planning to call Le Pan tomorrow to find out how to check if my Wireless will work on the Le Pann...

Am really frustrated at this point...

lovestodance