Honored Contributor

I bought the Lg Sunset from HSN and haven't activated it yet. I bought the LG Treasure from HSN and haven't received it yet. I'm keeping one and plan to gift the other one. I want to keep the better one for myself, but I'm not sure which phone is better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

Re: LG Treasure Or LG Sunset

Hi @Jordan2!  I have the LG Sunset, but have not seen the Treasure up close.  The Treasure is bigger, which I think is nice.  It also has a better camera.  The Sunset's camera stinks in an embarrassing way, but I don't really take pictures with my phone so it doesn't matter too much to me.  I think both run on the same Android OS and they both use 4G LTE, which is good.  

They both use AT&T's towers.  I think the main difference that I can see is the size and the camera quality.  Also, the Sunset has a built-in radio. where the Treasure doesn't.  Overall, I think both phones are very similar.  Some people don't care for bigger phones, but others like them.  If you go to YouTube and type LG Treasure in the search box there's a review there.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

I have not set mine up yet. So far DH likes the Treasure better because it's easier to swipe to answer. With the Sunset we both try to swipe to answer the call & the caller hangs up before we can swipe to answer it. LOL!!! He said the speaker on the Sunset is better. If you turn the volume up all the way on the Treasure on a long distance call it crackles or did for him. The crackle went away by turning it down one notch. If you listen to music on it it sounds better when it's in that holder I bought for him. He likes to carry his in a vertical holder that he can hook to his jean pocket. I found one on Ebay for about $6. If you want a case look for one that fits an LG K7. It will work until a new better one comes out & we can buy it. We are just happy being able to use an Android with more benefits.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

I have not set mine up yet. So far DH likes the Treasure better because it's easier to swipe to answer. With the Sunset we both try to swipe to answer the call & the caller hangs up before we can swipe to answer it. LOL!!! He said the speaker on the Sunset is better. If you turn the volume up all the way on the Treasure on a long distance call it crackles or did for him. The crackle went away by turning it down one notch. If you listen to music on it it sounds better when it's in that holder I bought for him. He likes to carry his in a vertical holder that he can hook to his jean pocket. I found one on Ebay for about $6. If you want a case look for one that fits an LG K7. It will work until a new better one comes out & we can buy it. We are just happy being able to use an Android with more benefits.

I'm still torn as to which I should keep for myself. The Sunset seems to have very good reviews on HSN. The Treasure has good reviews but not that many as of yet. I'll just have to bite the bullet and make a decision!

Regular Contributor

I've had my Sunset for almost a year and take quite a lot of pictures and they're great.  Love it!