Valued Contributor

LG Tracfone - can't use data

I have plenty of data "minutes", but when I try to browser, it says I'm not connected to internet.

Is there a limit to usage (combined with wi-fi time)?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: LG Tracfone - can't use data

You may want to take your question to Tracfone message board. The company has been sending customer a private message. 

https://tracfoneforum.com/viewforum.php?f=6194

Honored Contributor

On Tracfone the data is measured by the amount of data used and has nothing to do with the minutes. The minutes are the amount of phone time left for phone calls. They have three separate categories, minutes (for phone usage as a conventional phone) texts (number of texts you can send/receive) and data (amount of mb's you can use.) None of them is tied to another. You can have 1200 minutes on the phone and no texts or data left to use.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

You need to make sure it's connected with the internet setting you want to use.  Go to settings and touch WiFi.  There is WI-fi for public connection, your home internet and if neither are available you need to touch date to set/ turn on your tracfone data.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for your responses.

It was a little more complicated.

Needed to go to:

Tracfone- Update Data Settings

APN settings needed to be changed/updated

Followed the instructions (after entering my phone # -- they gave me the correct info for my phone.).

Works Fine Now!!!

Hope this may help someone else.

Super Contributor

Did you end up having to call them or were you able to get it figured out on their site? I have the LG Sunset (TSV?), and wifi works great at home, but the 4g won't connect. I've gone online for help to no avail. I've tried different APN 's, mobile data is checked...yada yada yada. I can't even send or recive photos.

So, right now, I have a "fancy" phone that acts like a basic flip phone away from home. TIA!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ane1Care

You may want to post on Tracfone's message board. https://tracfoneforum.com/viewforum.php?f=6194