Super Contributor

LG Tracfone Prepaid Android 4.5"Touchscreen w/1200 Minutes

Yesterday, my darling dog crunched through my beloved phone's Gorilla Glass screen. I heard a faint voice coming from the floor saying "hello - hello?" It was his veterinarian. My dog is sooo precocious. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Anyway, does anyone know when QVC will have this phone for sale again? I need to replace it, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg...

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: LG Tracfone Prepaid Android 4.5""Touchscreen w/1200 Minutes

If it's the Tracfone LG Ultimate 2 (Lg L41C) with the 400 minute/one year card, you can get it now at Amazon for $129.99 plus $4.99 S&H through a third party seller called shopcelldeals. You can also get the same package online at E-Bay. I bought mine through Amazon last week and I love it. It's a great little phone. I also added a case/holster for it ($7.99) that gives it extra protection (though likely not dog-proof, but maybe.) If you don't want to wait for another TSV, then Amazon/E-Bay are your best bets. (By the way, the case is the Shockwize Stealth Series case. I highly recommend it. It might even keep the phone safe from the average canine.)

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Here is another place to look for tracfone reviews, deals, amd promo codes. http://tracfonereviewer.blogspot.com/

Frequent Contributor

I'm no help in finding another phone, but the story about your dog is hysterical! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Frequent Contributor

Great story! Correct me if I'm wrong, but if the phone was the TSV just before Christmas, I believe there was free replacement. I didn't watch the whole presentation as I wasn't interested in buying a new phone, but I do recall the rep saying if you lost it or dropped it in a pool, there would be free replacement. Just a thought if you purchased the TSV.

Trusted Contributor

I recently bought an LG, with 1500 minutes and triple minutes for life, from HSN. It was $79.95 and free shipping.

Tracfone had a problem transferring my existing phone number. But, HSN has a dedicated Tracfone helpline and they were a tremendous help in getting my old phone number back.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Super Contributor

Thanks so much, Everyone, for the suggestions . . .

It's now been several days since my Schipperke crunched my Gorilla Glass, and I have to say I'm sooo impressed with this phone! Once I got the Christmas Carols to stop playing - LOL - I started using the phone again. The area around the charging place is demolished, but the darned thing still works. Every other function is OK too. I can make calls, surf the web, text and play Candy Crush. So I'm just going to wait until the Q has another sale on the LG L41C. At this point the cracked glass is just a cosmetic annoyance and conversation piece.

Gotta Luv that Dog {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Try looking on HSN - they have them at a better price usually.

Trusted Contributor

You have the larger screen phone that QVC had as a TSV in November, yes? If they are out of stock, I'd just keep checking here for them to restock as the QVC price wasn't significantly more than the TSV price.

I really like this phone. The size is larger just enough to make everything easier. Seems that the trend in cell phones now is for larger footprints versus a decade ago when they kept trying to make them as small as possible.

I don't think HSN ever sold this larger version because I kept watching both sites. I buy a new Tracfone yearly and switch back and forth between HSN and the Q, depending on who is offering the best deal on the phone I like best. I would never downsize to the smaller version after owning and using this one. It is just so much more convenient to use in every way and that would be worth paying a few extra dollars for, if need be.

I never saw this one for sale on HSN this year but that doesn't mean they won't stock it in the future.

Your dog sounds adorable if a little precocious. Love that he had the Vet on the phone!