Occasional Contributor

Re: LG PREMIERE Reviews....What Do You Like/Not Like?

I love my LED Notification on the LG Ultimate 2 as well but have this phone, similar LG, and went to the Play Store and downloaded "Missed Call Reminder" app by DO Software and will flash as well.  Only need the FREE portion.  You can setup times and durations with sound and flash.   There are a few but I selected this particlar one and tested a few times and it defintely helps.  Read the reviews and do not select below the 4 stars.  If not happy then try the next one.  Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

I bought an LG power and like it alot. Very dependable , doesn't drop calls etc. A few months later DH bought an LG treasure - which is supposed to be an improvement but IMO it is not. He has issues with dropped calls all the time, and frequently it doesn't even ring but just sends the caller directly to voicemail. His phone is lighter weight and has a smaller case which I like , but function isn't there. His phone just doesn't work well , but it isn't the service provider as mine works perfectly. He says he is going to buy a new phone from the tracfone site and throw this one out.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stargazer77 wrote:

@Moonlady My uncle bought this phone and I set it up for him.  I thought it was very nice and I was glad I got to play with it in person because I would consider buying it for myself.  

I have the Ultimate 2 and, as I've said numerous times before, I love the LED button.  And as silly as it is, it's really the only thing holding me back from upgrading.  But I know sooner or later, I will have to bite the bullet and upgrade.  

I liked the Flashlight on the Premiere and how it was in the top pulldown menu, as opposed to an app.   I've only had LG smartphones and have grown accustomed to their top pulldown menu.  My mom had an Alcatel and I hated that pulldown menu.  I would like to see what Samsung's looks like, to compare it to LG's.

I thought the Premiere was light and thin and sleek and just a nice looking phone.  I liked the size.  It wasn't too big.  The Alcatel my mom tried was 5.5" screen size and techincally a phablet (according to Wiki) and it was too big.  The Premiere is 5.3" screen size, but I didn't feel it was too big.  The camera is nice for a Tracfone and I'm glad to see they're improving in this area.  The resolution was nice and crisp.  I also liked the texting keyboard, how the number line was on the top and you didn't have to toggle between letters and numbers.  That was one of my favorite things about the phone.  There's also an option to hide that in case you don't like it.

Does anyone know if Tracfone will release a phone with Marshmallow OS? 

HSN has a tracphone with Android 6.0.

The phone is the Samsung Galaxy 05.

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl Try double-tapping the dark screen instead of depressing the power button on the back. I actually set my LG Ultimate 2 to turn on the screen using the double tap because I liked that. When the Premiere arrived, I just instinctively did that because I was so used to it, and was surprised when the screen came on! It was probably preset that way; try it. Smiley Happy

What worries you masters you.
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

IF you read the reviews for the product they are mixed and MANY are negative. Tracfone sold a pig in a poke to QVC this time.   Mine worked well and quickly when first activated then after only one month, the notication sounds for a phone call and message didn't work. Had to go to support. Removed battery and it slowly started working again.

My husband's would never activate with his previous number. The phone kept telling him to go outside. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? WE LIVE IN CENTRAL TEXAS.  It's hot or we have rain with wind and even tornador warnings.  My husband send it back something is wrong with this thing, I don't trust it.  So back it went.

AND then oh goody, his phone kept working but they said he would need a new sim card to keep it.  The sent his number out into never-never land and couldn't get it back. Then they said he could have it k after a week but would need to put more money onto it, despite he had 313 minutes left and his service date expiration was July 2017.  But oh no, the confiscated his service date when they tried to transfer it to the new phone that didn't work.  So the triple minutes and service date is fair play with Tracfone.  My husband said, NEXT TIME IT'S AN iPHONE PERIOD.