Occasional Contributor
On 1/1/2014 gilmoregirl said: The biggest difference is going to be performance. The HDX has twice the "horsepower" than the HD. Its going to be much faster and smoother. Most people arent going to notice a huge difference. If you play alot og action games, or stream alot of HD movies then you will see it. Internet browsing or reading wont show it much. The display is an upgrade but, in my opinion, it doesnt justify the cost.

Thanks. I'm just going to see if they keep.working and go from there. Otherwise I'm just going to stick with my ipad.

Smiley Happy

Contributor
I bought 8.9 HD ts from other channel. Sent it back next day. The 7""HDX is newest model. I paid $2.00 more for 7""HDX 32g /4wi-fi.
Valued Contributor

HDX hands down. Had to return the HD to the Q after comparing performance, weight etc.

Q's TSV was a deal but the HDX kicks HD hiney!

Occasional Contributor
I went to Best Buy tonight to see 8.9 Hdx. It is very nice. I also looked at retina mini, and ended up leaving with it. We have an Air, which I love. I must say I am very impressed with the Kindle, but everything we have is Apple. I'm excited. The rmini is just as nice as the Air. Thanks for all the input!
Contributor
On 1/3/2014 Lovemytablets said: I went to Best Buy tonight to see 8.9 Hdx. It is very nice. I also looked at retina mini, and ended up leaving with it. We have an Air, which I love. I must say I am very impressed with the Kindle, but everything we have is Apple. I'm excited. The rmini is just as nice as the Air. Thanks for all the input!

It sounds like you have a "tablet addiction" going on, too. I don't want an intervention, how about you?

Occasional Contributor
On 1/3/2014 PolkaDotPjs said:
On 1/3/2014 Lovemytablets said: I went to Best Buy tonight to see 8.9 Hdx. It is very nice. I also looked at retina mini, and ended up leaving with it. We have an Air, which I love. I must say I am very impressed with the Kindle, but everything we have is Apple. I'm excited. The rmini is just as nice as the Air. Thanks for all the input!

It sounds like you have a "tablet addiction" going on, too. I don't want an intervention, how about you?

Lol! Yes I do! I bought so many tablets for Christmas gifts for grand kids, etc, I was on first name basis with some at Best Buy. The androids I checked were nice, but couldn't run Amazon movies as an app. I really liked the Kindle HDX 8.9, but I also have medical apps and when I realized there was only $20 diff for 16, or $70 for 32, I decided to stick with ipad. Also, one reason for getting Kindle was to "listen" to books. I have old keyboard Kindle which I prefer to read from, and I found option for text to speech on it. No intervention needed here! Lol. Smiley Wink
Contributor
I have owned the iPad 3 & 4, I did purchase the iPad Air when it came out last fall, and love it, I was still wanting the mini but had a hard time justifiying the expense, I looked at the Kindle 7" HDX and was ready to buy it, but in the end after some serious consideration I knew I would be fustrated with it after owning the iPad and and iPhone, I'm in the Apple eco system and it's hard to leave it when you get used to having your devices sync from one to another seamlessly. I have gotten spoiled with all my photos, reminders, calanders, etc. on each device. The one feature that I use the most is iMessage on my ipad for texting to friends/family (that have an Apple device) using a keyboard on my iPad or mini and not my phone. Kindle makes a wonderful tablet, I personally would go for the HDX after comparing them. My son has the Nexus 7 and is very happy with it. There are many good choices with the only right one for you is the one that meets your expections and requirments and fits into your table budget. Good luck. I think you will be happy with whatever you choose.