Trusted Contributor

Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Back On QVC Still Way Less Than Amazon

Was presented this afternoon w/ Shawn. 32 and 64 w/ 4G AT & T. I missed the black friday special so jumped on this one now ! 32 is $414 currently on Amazon and $249 on Q !! 5 easy pay too !!

Super Contributor

Re: Kindle Fire HD 8.9 Back On QVC Still Way Less Than Amazon

I got mine with the Black Friday deal. I love it! Great size, holds power well, fast processor. You'll love it.

Valued Contributor

Not that it really matters, but is this the one with or without the "special offers" on the screen?

Respected Contributor

On 1/17/2014 suebdoo said:

Was presented this afternoon w/ Shawn. 32 and 64 w/ 4G AT & T. I missed the black friday special so jumped on this one now ! 32 is $414 currently on Amazon and $249 on Q !! 5 easy pay too !!

I looked and yes, this is an awesome deal! If anyone is wanting to jump into the tablet world, this would be the way to go. You get a lot for your money on any of QVC's Kindle deals.

I put so much more for my 64 w/4G AT&T 8.9" Kindle a year ago. I love mine.

Honored Contributor

This is an older version of the Kindle Fire HD (not the HDX, different animal).

I think the only major difference is the screen resolution. This was discussed back in December when it first came on.

The black Friday one had special offers on it. If you look at the info online, it is mentioned. They don't push that too hard on air. People said they are just on the locked screen, they don't interrupt your reading/browsing or anything.

I had just bought my Kindle Fire HD about a week before it was the TSV, and I didn't feel like resetting and deleting everything and shipping it back.

Had I known it was coming to QVC, I would have bought that one. The screen resolution isn't a deal breaker for me. I'm not doing gaming on it and while I did do a trial run with Amazon Prime and watched a couple of tv shows on it, I dont' really plan on doing that as a rule.

Enjoy!

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I just ordered this for my elderly mother. I almost ordered from Amazon when they were giving $30 off all Kindles. My mother doesn't have any tablets so I'm sure she will be thrilled with this one. As far as ads being on it according to Amazon's website you can remove the ads for $15 when you set it up.
Valued Contributor

I have the ads on my current KindleFire HD 7"". it is only on the lock screen so it doesn't really bother me.

Valued Contributor

I don't know that much about kindles but with the new models of the HD, you can download prime videos to watch later. With some of the older models of the Fire HD- such as the one I have - the software cannot be updated to do that so you can only watch Prime videos streaming.

If you are only reading, doesn't make a difference.

Respected Contributor

On 1/19/2014 CindyinNC said:

I don't know that much about kindles but with the new models of the HD, you can download prime videos to watch later. With some of the older models of the Fire HD- such as the one I have - the software cannot be updated to do that so you can only watch Prime videos streaming.

If you are only reading, doesn't make a difference.

Good point. It is the HDX models that you can download Amazon videos. They are limited though.

I downloaded videos/movies to my Kindle HD, but you have to have a program to do it with.

Honored Contributor

You can attach your kindle to your tv with an hdmi cable and stream it on your tv too.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN