Respected Contributor

I have an I-pod and I have downloaded music from Apple store many times.  I'm having problems in two areas now:

1.  How in the heck do I get to the library to pick music?  I've tried for 1/2 hour from the itunes.com website and can't find it.

2.  Once I pick a song, how do I download JUST THAT SONG on my Ipod without downloading songs I have deleted in the past?  If I hit autofill - it starts downloading old songs I have archived.

Thanks in advance folks - you always come through for me!

Honored Contributor

Re: Itunes questions - help!

[ Edited ]

short answer https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

long answer

Are you running the current version of itunes? What kind of ipod do you have? Does it run IOS or not and if it does what version of IOS does it run? 

If it's an ipod touch, you should be able to sync music to your device over wifi. If it's an ipod that doesn't have wifi like the ipod shuffle then you need to attach the ipod to your computer using the cable. Then when the device shows up in itunes you click on device icon and need to turn off auto fill and set it up the way you want. 

I haven't use a non wifi ipod in years but you used to be able to drag and drop music into the device. It depends if it's a shuffle or nano if you can set up separate playlists. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

short answer https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

long answer

Are you running the current version of itunes? What kind of ipod do you have? Does it run IOS or not and if it does what version of IOS does it run? 

If it's an ipod touch, you should be able to sync music to your device over wifi. If it's an ipod that doesn't have wifi like the ipod shuffle then you need to attach the ipod to your computer using the cable. Then when the device shows up in itunes you click on device icon and need to turn off auto fill and set it up the way you want. 

I haven't use a non wifi ipod in years but you used to be able to drag and drop music into the device. It depends if it's a shuffle or nano if you can set up separate playlists. 

@jaxs mom - it's a shuffle - how do I get to the page where I can pick music?  Or can you send me a link? 

Honored Contributor

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Is it showing up in itunes when connected to your computer? It should be on your list of devices in itunes when you connect it. 

At that point you choose music in the upper left drop down in itunes ( music, movies, tv shows), You can drag and drop a whole playlist into the shuffle or you can drag individual songs from your library. The music does have to be in your itunes library though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jaxs mom wrote:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201253

Is it showing up in itunes when connected to your computer? It should be on your list of devices in itunes when you connect it. 

At that point you choose music in the upper left drop down in itunes ( music, movies, tv shows), You can drag and drop a whole playlist into the shuffle or you can drag individual songs from your library. The music does have to be in your itunes library though. 

I usually move a Playlist instead of choosing individual songs to the Shufffle.

Autofill doesn't let you choose the music you want, it just fills the Shuffle up with random music from your library. My library is very eclectic, so I don't use that one. I like both Bach concertos and Rob Zombie, but I don't usually like one following the other. Smiley Happy I can have some control over that with a Playlist, but not with Autofill.