Regular Contributor

I need a new iPad not sure which one to get. The only think I use it for is shopping,surfing the web,paying bills Facebook and email. 

Esteemed Contributor

I would go to Apple's site and look at a comparison chart. I would buy an iPad Pro 9.7 ".  It has the most current tech. Apple also sells certified refurbished tablets. Please call the company for help.

Honored Contributor

There are other one's just as good (for what you want) as Apple.  I have an original Apple IPAD, an Apple Air something or other, an Apple (the small on with the hard keyboard (got that on QVC) and several of the Amazon Fire tablets.

The Amazon Fire tablets are good for what you want to do.  I'd check out everything.  Here's a website that compares the Amazon Fire tablets here:

https://www.cnet.com/topics/tablets/products/amazon/

You can shop any of the stores like "the southern store' and QVC.

Respected Contributor

@jagk wrote:

I need a new iPad not sure which one to get. The only think I use it for is shopping,surfing the web,paying bills Facebook and email. 

I'm in the same boat. I have a 2nd gen IPad that is slowly giving up the ghost. I am partial to Apple as I also have a Macbook Air and IPhone. Im considering the Ipad Air because i use it for pretty much the same thing you do so I really don't need the top of the line. Im looking at the midline 128 GB. It's $599 on the Apple website so it is an investment but not as expensive as the IPad pro.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@reiki604 wrote:

@jagk wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I have a 2nd gen IPad that is slowly giving up the ghost. I am partial to Apple as I also have a Macbook Air and IPhone. Im considering the Ipad Air because i use it for pretty much the same thing you do so I really don't need the top of the line. Im looking at the midline 128 GB. It's $599 on the Apple website so it is an investment but not as expensive as the IPad pro.

The product you want may not have a long user life. I have an iPad4 from 2013. It probably will not be included in the next update cycle.

Esteemed Contributor

@jagk et al, look for new product releases from Apple in March.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

I have both the Ipad 2 and 3 and a fire from amazon ...all will be able to do what you have posted. It depends on what you want to spend. I like the fire. And I see no difference in the Ipad 2 from the 3. The fire 5th generation is 49 dollars from amazon and worth every penny and much more. I was very impressed with that tablet. Happy shopping! Apple is very expensive and tends to be over rated.