Super Contributor

My ipad 3 is on its last legs and i am looking at the ipad pro. What do people think about it? Thanks in advance.

Respected Contributor

I have the Ipad Air 2 and I love it.  I think the Pro is the larger one.

Esteemed Contributor

I got the standard sized iPad last December when I had to get a new one. I wanted it to fit into my handbag easily. I really like the iPad Pro, however. If you have an Apple Store  in your town, I'd encourage you to go see it in person. I think they're terrific! A couple of people I work with have the iPad Pro.

Frequent Contributor

I got the Ipad Pro this last June to replace my 2nd generation ipad and home computer.  I have the iphone 6+ so I thought it would be better to sync them.  I also got the keypad that doubles as a case and cover.  I LOVE it.  I am 67 yrs old and rely on my daughter and grandkids to show me the way. LOL  I still work and have a Dell desktop at work. the Ipad Pro is pricey but so is the Surface Pro. Go to Sam's or Best Buy and look and try them both. It was hard to choose but I think I chose wisely for my usage.

Super Contributor

I bought my husband one for Father's Day and he loves it. I liked it so much myself, I replaced my old iPad 4 with the 12.9" one. I think the smaller new one would be just as good and maybe easier to manage. For me, this larger one is easier to see.

Honored Contributor

There is very conflicting continuing speculation as to whether there will be an Air 3 or not, and/or whether Apple intends that the Pro line will take the place of the Airs, and when consumers might find out.

Rumors are also all over the map between "before Xmas" and "first quarter 2017" as to Air, not Air, or Pro 2.

I will wait as long as March-April of next year and if there has been nothing definite announced will probably buy a Pro. My Air 2 is starting to show its age with updates.  Apple doesn't seem to be in any hurry lately to make any iPad announcements at all, and even the rumors aren't cohesive. Almost makes me want to buy a Chromebook or Surface Pro.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I owned an iPad mini and an ipad air 2  and a Samsung S2 and I by far prefer the samsung.  It was not any cheaper than an ipad  but its better. i do not know how to describe it

Honored Contributor

I presently use an iPhone 6+ and whatever the iPad before the newest current one is.

My next purchase will be the 12" Pro, either 1 or 2, and the iPhone 7S+ or 8+.

I LOVE the photography I can get out of my 6+, and I know how to use the technology well enough to do even better, but there are major upgrades in the 7, and more expected in the 8, and I'll NEED one of them!

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

I owned an iPad mini and an ipad air 2  and a Samsung S2 and I by far prefer the samsung.  It was not any cheaper than an ipad  but its better. i do not know how to describe it

I have an iPad4, a Samsung S2 8", a Samsung Galaxy Pro 8.4", and a Nexus 7. Google and Apple update the security, and OS on a regular basics.

Samsung makes a quality product, but without security or OS updates.

Trusted Contributor

I played with one in the Apple store and it's a beauty.  I wonder how stable it is if I use it on my lap in bed?  Might be awkward.  I do love that size.