Respected Contributor

Re: Im getting a smartphone should i get the Apple 4s or the Samsung G.

On 4/2/2014 MaggieToo said:
On 3/21/2014 Wadzlla said:

I have the Galaxy Note III. It is a LARGE phone/tablet (phablet). Absolutely LOVE this phone. I can see everything,use the keyboard, watch video and read news and books easily.

This is the perfect phone for older eyes. It is large, but I have no problem handling it. there are a lot of features I am still learning on it. This phone is just the best. It has made my Samsung Galaxy tablet obsolete.

I was just about to ask if there was such a thing as a tablet with a phone. Glad I stopped by here this morning.

I just got my Galaxy note III a couple weeks ago and I LOVE it. My DH is probably getting tired of me saying so. LOL

I looked at both the Galaxy note III and the Samsung Mega. The Mega seemed a little too big for me so I chose the note III. I think the Note III has better specs and also the S pen (that I don't use yet LOL).

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on what you plan to use it for. if all you do is call and text and occasionally take a picture the samsung will be great but if you want your phone to do everything the Apple does - essentially be a small computer - you need the apple. I have a only semi smart LG phone that fulfills all my needs and wants but for some others to be happy they need it to function at a much higher level.
Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 Sooner said:
On 3/21/2014 bowlicious said:

My daughter repairs cell phones for a living and she say the I phones are sturdier. There are less problems with the screen breaking.

One thing to note: The IPhone can't swim. Don't ask how I know that. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Yes it can, LOL! if you have the otterbox armor series case, it's waterproof. My son has this for his iphone 5.

Respected Contributor

We love our iPhones and have never had any issues with any of them. I have friends who love their Samsung phones. I think it's all a matter of personal preference. Play around with both phones and choose the phone YOU like best!
Super Contributor

It is down to personal preference. Personally, I like iPhone better..... more user-friendly.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2014 happy housewife said: I think it depends on what you plan to use it for. if all you do is call and text and occasionally take a picture the samsung will be great but if you want your phone to do everything the Apple does - essentially be a small computer - you need the apple. I have a only semi smart LG phone that fulfills all my needs and wants but for some others to be happy they need it to function at a much higher level.

Are there things the apple does that the Samung's don't do?

Honored Contributor

There are a lot of apps etc that are Apple products and only work on their phones or tablets.
Honored Contributor

the customer has to decide what her uses really are and what she wants to pay for that use.
Honored Contributor

They both do the same things. They just operate on a different system.
Super Contributor

I currently have an iPhone 4S and will be trading it for a Samsung Galaxy S5 when it comes out next week. I'm tired of small iPhone screen and my sister switched to an Android phone (LG G2) and she likes it better. I had the original Droid before my iPhone and there is just so much more customization you can do with it versus iPhone. Really the only reason I would consider sticking with iPhone is because all the designer cases are made for iPhone. I'm not convinced iPhone 6 will be that great, and iPhone 5S does not appeal to me at all.

However, if you are not familiar with smartphones, iPhone is probably the easier phone to pick up and use out of the box.