Honored Contributor

Re: Im getting a smartphone should i get the Apple 4s or the Samsung G.

I have to say, of all the technology I have ever owned or used, my IPhone 4S is the best. I am in love with it. I fought my husband when he wanted it and I made fun of people and their smartphones, but was absolutely wrong. It's opened up a world of freedom for me. No waiting for antivirus programs on my computer. Quick turns from page to page. Unbelievable, free, useful information and the answer to every question I have about the world, immediately. I have wifi and it is great. I deliberately did not update to IOS 7 and I'm glad. I love Pinterest, but it takes up the most room of all my apps, because I pinned too much with it, so avoid doing so. Get as much space as you can afford, otherwise you have to delete apps to make room--but these apps are not really gone, you can retrieve then from a place where the App Store saves them for you. To me it is the most useful device I have. Recipes, grocery lists, entertainment, phonebook, camera, email, books for free, tutorials to quickly teach me anything I don't know how to do--just wonderful. Beautiful display. Buy a cover made by Otter that keeps it from slipping or dropping from your hands. Purchased at an AT & T store.

Respected Contributor

I hope no one else follows your advice about not updating their Apple device .

Honored Contributor

My husband and daughter both have the Galaxy 4, and they both say they are going back to the iPhone.

Honored Contributor

The Android, just because it's not Apple...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

On 3/21/2014 redtabby said: Personally, I do not trust Google (Android) and their data gathering and retention so I would not buy an Android phone like Samsung. Since I have an iPad and iPod with already purchased apps and a collection of music in iTunes I would buy an iPhone. My second choice would be a windows phone like the Nokia.

we also have no trust in the google and android data gathering and compiling and sharing. in that apple products also are well made and trouble free and easy for untechnical people we do choose them. (-:

Esteemed Contributor

I am an android gal. I love my Galaxy 3 NOTE. My daughters love their I-Phones. You might want to look at both where they are featured or sold.

Main problem for all of us... the moment we buy one, a new one pops up.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/21/2014 jackthebear said:

i phone but the 4s may be coming to the end of it's life cycle so that is a consideration...why not the 5?

I just don't like android os system

I accidentally took my 4S swimming a couple of weeks ago. The only iphone 4 that was available as a replacement was the one with the least memory. That makes me think they are phasing them out. I got the 5, but so far I still prefer the size and feel of the 4.

Super Contributor

On 3/21/2014 Wadzlla said:

I have the Galaxy Note III. It is a LARGE phone/tablet (phablet). Absolutely LOVE this phone. I can see everything,use the keyboard, watch video and read news and books easily.

This is the perfect phone for older eyes. It is large, but I have no problem handling it. there are a lot of features I am still learning on it. This phone is just the best. It has made my Samsung Galaxy tablet obsolete.

I was just about to ask if there was such a thing as a tablet with a phone. Glad I stopped by here this morning.

Super Contributor

I am an Android fan.

I just got the Galaxy 4 and I am very pleased with it. Extremely user friendly.

Everyone I know who had an I Phone and switched to a Galaxy has been happy with the decision.

Honored Contributor

On 3/21/2014 bowlicious said:

My daughter repairs cell phones for a living and she say the I phones are sturdier. There are less problems with the screen breaking.

One thing to note: The IPhone can't swim. Don't ask how I know that.