Visitor

IPad/Amazon Fire TSV Question

I have a generation 2 iPad. It's old as Moses and it was time for a new tablet. I bought the Thursday TSV, 7" 16 gig Amazon Fire. How hard will it be to transfer the content from my iPad to my new Amazon Fire? Or is this impossible and will I need to just re download my iPad apps, music, books and photos (if possible)?

Respected Contributor

Re: IPad/Amazon Fire TSV Question

@lonestarscrap wrote:
I have a generation 2 iPad. It's old as Moses and it was time for a new tablet. I bought the Thursday TSV, 7" 16 gig Amazon Fire. How hard will it be to transfer the content from my iPad to my new Amazon Fire? Or is this impossible and will I need to just re download my iPad apps, music, books and photos (if possible)?

You can't download the iPad apps on your Amazon Fire.  I'm not sure about the books or music.  A lot depends on where you got the music and books.  The photos can be put on after you put the photos onto your computer.  Then you can synch the computer with your Fire. 

Respected Contributor

Re: IPad/Amazon Fire TSV Question

You can use the same apps as long as Amazon offer the ones you use.  You would download them and log in with your log in info. and you should be good to go.  Amazon does offer all the ones I need.

My friend has an IPad and I have a Kindle Fire and we play Words With Friends together.  If she bought a Kindle Fire, she would just download the WWF app on her Kindle and log in.  All her same games from the IPad would be there.  

Hope that helps a little.