Honored Contributor

Re: IOS9 ready for download......

Great articles, @ChynnaBlue!

I really like this version!  There are so many changes, some small and others very obvious, and so far I'm finding it to be more user-friendly.   I noticed, by the way, that it works better on this website than the previous versions did.  Hope that continues to be the case.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I downloaded it early yesterday and have been dropping out of apps like crazy all day.  I couldn't stay connected long enough to watch our live evening news tonight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm still doing ok with it on m iPhone 6!!

Respected Contributor

i updated my ipad air 2. i like the new font on the keyboard etc.  i like the enhancements to the Music App i think.  I was excited about split screen but it is only available with the resident Apple apps that came with the ipad until app developpers can update their apps to ios9. It is a battery hog, It is supposed to get an extra hour of battery time but after turning off everything i can think of i do not see that.  Hopefully that will abate soon,  I just updated last night.  Having said that there is nothing my phone cant live without for now, so i am not updating it.

Esteemed Contributor

The download was fine, and my Apple devices are running well.

Regular Contributor

Finally!!!  It was not released on the 16th as it was supposed to due to ''bugs''....but last night I did update my iPad - seems fine and working great.  Getting ready to do my phone and then the watch!  so far so good and love the changes I have discovered so far!!

Honored Contributor

I just upgraded my iPad Air 2 and it went smoothly and relatively quickly.

Most of the new features and improvements I won't use, but the cut & paste will be nice once I get the hang of it, and Siri being more practically useful might mean I will use "him" more (my Siri sounds kind of like Stephen Fry as Jeeves).

I like the idea of the News feature but wish it was set up to be more visually appealing/friendly like either Zite or News 360. Not that motivated to click on nothing more than a printed headline. Hopefully they'll improve that along the way.

Not doing my iPhone 5S just yet.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

HELP!!!

I downloaded it yesterday and used mu iPad some last night and everything was fine.  When I turned it on this morning it looked like it was updating and is stuck in that mode.  The apple with the faint line is there then the faint line fills in and starts over and over and over.  I tried a hard reboot and that didn't help.  I never ever backed up my iPad so I am afraid I lost everything.  Any help would be appreciated!  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh, @lizzys, I'm really sorry you didn't perform a backup.  Are you completely sure your device isn't backed up to iCloud (or your computer)?

I know you said you tried a hard reset, but to be sure we’re talking about the same thing, did you try these 3 things?

1 — Plug in your device and allow it to recharge for an hour or more (what do you see on the screen when you do this?)

2 — Simple “Restart”
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears.
Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
After the device turns off, press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again until you see the Apple logo.

3 — “Hard Reset”
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about eight seconds. This will force the iPad to turn off, even if it's frozen.
Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn the iPad back on. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few moments. The iPad will turn back on and display the Apple logo.

~~~~~~

After trying all 3 of those, if you still see the white Apple logo and the progress bar underneath and you’re sure it’s in a loop and not updating/installing software,  you might want to call Apple or go to an Apple store if you’re not comfortable with trying something else.

However, if you have a computer with the latest version of iTunes and you feel comfortable trying this, there’s the option of “Recovery Mode.” 

With no backup to restore from, be careful and do NOT choose “Restore.”  Choose "Update." 

If you choose “Update” iTunes will simply try to update the software — if you choose “Restore” and have no backup, the iPad will be erased and returned to factory settings.  Go to this link, scroll down to “If your device turns on but gets stuck during start up” and follow the directions carefully:  https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201412

But again, if you're not comfortable with this I'd suggest you talk with Apple support first.

I wish you well.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Kachina624 wrote:

I downloaded it early yesterday and have been dropping out of apps like crazy all day.  I couldn't stay connected long enough to watch our live evening news tonight.

@Kachina624, I haven't experienced apps crashing or a problem with the WiFi connection.   Did you close all the apps in the background and  try a "hard reset" of the iPad?  Also, sometimes going into Settings and using "Reset Network Settings" will fix connectivity issues.