Respected Contributor

I want to talk on my phone without holding it...help!

Bluetooth device or corded earbuds with microphone?  Which has better reception while walking outdoors?

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: I want to talk on my phone without holding it...help!

I'd get bluetooth headphones. I only use mine in the house when working out though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

If your priority is talking and you do not want to listen to music, I would get a bluetooth headset for the phone, like a Jawbone, or a Motorola Boom or H730.

You can get earbuds or headphones with a microphone, but the microphone can sit on your shoulder or chest, causing a lot of noise if you move around a lot. If you do get a set of earbuds/headphones with a mic, make sure you have a clip to clip the mic part in place on your clothing, which will help prevent some of that noise.

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'd get bluetooth headphones. I only use mine in the house when working out though. 

When I was at my local supermarket a few weeks ago, there was this lady in the same aisle as I was carrying on a one sided conversation to herself about which cereal to get as what was on her shopping list was not on the shelf.  I thought she had a mental problem. 

As I walked passed her, that was when I noticed she had a bluetooth device in her ear.  Good thing her hair was in a pony tail.  

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I prefer corded, with mic.

I've used both, prefer corded.

@mima wrote:

Bluetooth device or corded earbuds with microphone?  Which has better reception while walking outdoors?

Thank you!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your replies.  They were very helpful.  I'm still looking....I think they will be mostly for talking but occasionally music.

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor

Corded is better quality of sound and the reliability of no word/sound drops, but BT is much more convenient for most people depending upon specific needs and preferences. Look at BT devices that have 5-star user ratings and if they never/rarely mention word/music drops that's a good 'un.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I like Mee audio products sold on Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I ended up ordering the LG Tone 750.  I liked the neckband idea.  I really hope I like it.  It has awesome reviews. I get it tomorrow.   If I don't LOVE it, I'll send it back and try something else.

Thanks all!

Valued Contributor

Cordless is the better option / Bluetooth