Respected Contributor

Re: I believe there's an iOS10 update from Apple sometime today......

@geezerette wrote:

@HULAGIRL wrote:

Well.....I FINALLY have everything downloaded.  It locked my iPhone SE and after getting it unlocked, settings tells me it's downloaded.......I hope they don't do another major for a day or two!!   Smiley Wink

@HULAGIRL. Boy, that's good news!  I had heard that some people had trouble, so good to hear you got back on track.  How did you get your phone unlocked, or did it do it by itself?  Hope you're now able to enjoy all the new features.

I'm always leery with any of these updates, especially the major ones!

I had to plug my phone into my computer and download an update from iTunes......thanks to the great helpers here on this thread, it worked....I had to set up my phone again, but everything was there when I finally finished.......now to wait for all the tweaks for this download that will probably come along.........

Honored Contributor

I updated my 6+, with no problems

the new imessages things are fun

the notifications function is very good

but NO avocado emoji #not happy

mail functions good too, 

other stuff still to check out

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

I'm going to try out the male british accent Siri 

I've had "him" forever. I think of Stephen Fry. My iPad is named Jeeves.

I have the Aussie guy,

but with my English/NJ and Mass accent none of the voice things ever like me :-(

he says "I am not sure what you said Jack the bear"

Honored Contributor

@HULAGIRL wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@HULAGIRL wrote:

Well.....I FINALLY have everything downloaded.  It locked my iPhone SE and after getting it unlocked, settings tells me it's downloaded.......I hope they don't do another major for a day or two!!   Smiley Wink

@HULAGIRL. Boy, that's good news!  I had heard that some people had trouble, so good to hear you got back on track.  How did you get your phone unlocked, or did it do it by itself?  Hope you're now able to enjoy all the new features.

I'm always leery with any of these updates, especially the major ones!

I had to plug my phone into my computer and download an update from iTunes......thanks to the great helpers here on this thread, it worked....I had to set up my phone again, but everything was there when I finally finished.......now to wait for all the tweaks for this download that will probably come along.........

Uh oh.  I don't have a computer anymore, just an iPad and iPhone.  I don't have much of a choice but to download wirelessly.  I hope they get the kinks worked out for this, I'd hate to have to go to an Apple Store for the update since the nearest one to me is a 100 mile round trip!

Sounds like you had a little more work than what you anticipated, but at least everything is working for you now!👏👍🏻

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

Wanted to pop back in to mention:   this version of iOS, like so many previous ones, automatically turns Bluetooth on, and some of us like to keep it turned off for less drain on the battery and for privacy/security reasons.

I noticed that too and immediately turned it off when my phone booted back up. I don't keep it on unless I'm using my bluetooth headphones. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HULAGIRL!   Wonderful news!   I was so worried and wanted to come there and help fix things...   I know I sound silly.    So glad all is well now.    @geezerette,  You'll probably be fine without a computer but if a problem arose and you needed assistance you also could check the Apple.com site and find an "Apple Authorized Service Provider" nearby.   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo  Thanks very much for that information.  I believe we do have an authorized dealer here in our little town.  I'll stop in and ask them about it before I try this major update.  In any case, I'm going to wait a while before I do anything just in case there are problems with the update itself.

Thanks again!  I do find the best information on these boards!

Respected Contributor

I think I know more that I give myself credit for knowing, but my brain will sometimes turn to mush if something doesn't go way the I think it should go........I have had to go into iTunes before and update one of my other phones, but it was so long ago, I totally forgot.  Your help was perfect! 

Honored Contributor

Downloaded on my 6+ and my iPad.

No problems,

Respected Contributor

No......I didn't even touch iTunes..........believe it or not, I've never downloaded anything from iTunes......just something I don't use.   Thanks for all your help and suggestions this aftenoon......people on this board are great!!!!

How do you back up your phone?  Did you do a backup before starting the update?