Respected Contributor

Re: I-Pad Air2 : inept needs suggested reading suggestions!

Thank you once again DooBdoo and every one! I do have a question about this stylus. The day I ordered my I Pad, I took a look at ordering a backup stylus because I am notorious for losing pens. At $85 a pop,I don't think so.....

Yesterday, I decided to look again and I looked under "Stylus for I Pad Air" and found multi-packs to the tune of 5 for $10.

What is the difference between the very expensive stylus that comes with the I Pad and these cheaper versions that look as if they have the same fine point?

Thank You for Helping!

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

I really do not think a book is written  specifically for seniors?  If you have issues with seeing the pages you can always change the page layout, size of the letters , font... etc...  You can also find a lot of old classics  on amazon for free. I usually  shop on my regular PC  then it automatically gets sent to my kindle and tablets. 

I am currently reading Arthur C Clarke books  from Amazon. I read the Odassay Series a year or so ago I am now reading the Time series.  I also have the ebook of his collection of short stories,

Respected Contributor

Also I sold my ipad a few years ago. I find I like android/samsung better.  You can do more as far as customizing the tablet

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dooBdoo

I'm sorry to change the subject of this thread, but I just have to say how adorable your kitten avatar is!  How absolutely sweet!  

Respected Contributor

@geezerette, what you did is not "CATastrophic"!Smiley Happy

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Thank you once again DooBdoo and every one! I do have a question about this stylus. The day I ordered my I Pad, I took a look at ordering a backup stylus because I am notorious for losing pens. At $85 a pop,I don't think so.....

Yesterday, I decided to look again and I looked under "Stylus for I Pad Air" and found multi-packs to the tune of 5 for $10.

What is the difference between the very expensive stylus that comes with the I Pad and these cheaper versions that look as if they have the same fine point?

Thank You for Helping!

Poodlepet2

The expensive stylus may be for the iPad Pro. It has special properties that go along with certain uses promoted for the Pro, largely relating to art and drawing. The other iPads can use any stylus. I bought a package with wire around the rubber head. They are supposed to last longer & people say they get a better response than the just rubber ones.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@geezerette,  Thanks!    I have a gray tuxie who's a glorious lovebug!❤️   @Poodlepet2,  Cute comment!😁

I wanted to add to my earlier post.    Don't forget to ask Siri when you have questions about using the iPad.    Also, I always recommend "walking through" the Settings, and doing it when the device is new to you but also going back now and then as a refresher.    There are options and customization features we forget about... or some that we don't need at first, but decide to use later.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo,who would ever have imagined the technology we have now! DH always has practical, logic based reasons-physics and math, and I feel as if I have such a concrete mind...and it's not just a feeling-it's real!.

I am determined to master this! Thank You,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@dooBdoo-or anybody-what can you tell me about screen protectors? I have gotten these plastic sheets for tablets before, but what is the tempered glass for the I Pad??

I have rambunctious dogs, but I don't know if it's wasted money or worth it!

By the way, it came late yesterday, and today I will be taking it out of the box and registering it: I'm excited!

Thanks,

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

Look in iBooks and i imagine there is a pretty detailed user guide that came with the iPad.  I have the Air2 and there is a 382 page user guide there.  iBooks is the orange background icon with a white open book.  That is where your books, pdfs go.  For reading you can also get the Kindle App from the App Store and all of the books in your Kindle Library should be there.