Regular Contributor

I NEED SOME TECHNICAL HELP IF ANYONE CAN HELP.....

I need some help regarding Facebook and making comments on it.  When I type a comment, then go to move off the page, my comment never posts and I am asked if I "want to leave the page without finishing comment".  If you can't post a comment there, where does one go to put the comment so that it can be posted?  I hope I don't sound like a jerk, but I would have to respond with a new post to all the comments I would like to make.  My daughter doesn't know what I am commenting on when I put a response on her FB page under "post".  How does one respond to these???  Occasionally I get an email where someone has responded to a post by me, but not all the time.  Hope I don't sound like a total loser here.

Contributor

Re: I NEED SOME TECHNICAL HELP IF ANYONE CAN HELP.....

Click on the "Comment." and/or type what you want to say in the rectangle where it says, "Write a comment." When finished typing, type the "Enter" key.

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.  My daughter just complained and complained when I responded to her post with a post.  Heaven forbid she should tell me how to do it correctly.  I knew I didn't have to only respond to posts when I got an email.  You are a doll and I appreciate your assistance.  Hugs to youHeartHeartHeart

Contributor

You are very welcome. Very simple to do and use. Sometimes we look too hard and miss the obvious or easy way. Been there!

Regular Contributor

You are so right.  I am always making more out of something than I need to.  Thanks a bunch!!Heart

Regular Contributor

Well, I was still having a problem posting, so I came back and re-read your instructions.  They are so easy, but dummy here was not hitting the "enter" key.  I need to quit reading so quickly and not paying attention.  I guess it is true, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink!  I really do appreciate your help here.  Now, I will try again and do what you said to do!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you want to send a personal comment....click on the dark "letter" at the top and only that person will see the comment.  We can explain if you want to do that.

Some of  my friends carry on the family's long personal conversations on the Faceook page.  Not of interest to anyone else.

Regular Contributor

Oh wow, this is just great news.  You ladies have unleashed a demon poster.  My friends are all going to wonder where I have been all this time.  Thank you so very much for all the information.  Zhills, I am going to have to look for "letter" on FB now.  I guess I am so engrossed in reading the posts, I overlook this stuff.  All I know is, I have commented on just about every post on my FB page.  There are just too many political posts & comments that I refuse to comment on.  It would take me a good 24 hrs.  I don't know why people can't just post what I call "regular" topics and not buy into all the political controversy!  It just takes up too much space and time IMHO!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Texussgal   You should have someone help you set your settings to private.  If you put your birthdate in and where you went to school anything personal---remove it.  Too many getting hacked on there. 

Also remember that even setting your settings to private does not mean your information cannot be accessed. 

Regular Contributor

Thank you so much for this valuable information.  I think I going to go over there right now and do this.  I have other friends who have done it and now I know why.  I posted a fake phone number on there and a good friend jumped down my throat.  Now I see why he did and am grateful for all this kind of information.