Honored Contributor

I Bought Myself An Apple Watch and

I can't believe how easy it was to set it up and attach it to my Iphone!.

I'm old!  Ha! (70) and believe me when I tell you I am electronically challenged (among other things).  I was hesitant about getting one (although I love gadgets) because I thought it would be complicated setting the thing up.  It took maybe 15 minutes (if that) to set it up.  I don't think Apple could make it much easier.

Just wanted you guys who are also 'challenged electronically' and were hesitant to get it.  Don't be because if I can do it ....my cat Bill can do it (he's smart but more cat smart)....

Now I have to get used to wearing it.  I'm used to wearing lots, lots of jewelry (my motto is:  If you can't do anything about it .... decorate it  (Jeanne Bice/Quacker Factory).  That means I'm going to have to get used to not wearing as many bracelets....well...maybe a few less...Ha!

Respected Contributor

Re: I Bought Myself An Apple Watch and

I always feel so good whenever I'm able to get a gadget set up by myself!  The last time I had to do that was when I needed a new printer. I dreaded the thought of getting it connected to the computer and working properly because I can be electronically challenged too.  But I did it with no problems!  

Enjoy your new Apple watch!

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic Yes!  I totally agree with you.  I had my printer hooked up to my old router (son-in-law gave me a new printer and hooked it up) and then I upgraded my router because I've been adding things left and right and wanted a faster router.  

Now I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to hook up this new printer to my lap top (it's wireless and air something, so it is a bit challenging).

I posted this because I think so many people are like the way I used to be, think they can't work or figure out how to connect these gadgets.  For the most part connections are made very easy because they want people to use them and they won't if it's too difficult.

I like it when I hear people who are a bit older (like in their 60's or so and retired or on way to retire) jump out there and try new things like you and I are doing.  After all, now this is my opinion, we can do anything a younger person can do (and sometimes better)....HA!

Honored Contributor

SO happy for you, I want one really badly and when I save up enough for one.... I'll be there too!  I also love electronics and have had Apple products forever (since they brought out the iPhone).  I own the original sized iPad and love that too!  Apple's ability to make their products "make sense" makes the application easy to use and keep up to date....

Enjoy your watch (what color did you get?)... I want the rose gold case, OH and did you get the small or larger size (I'm tending toward the larger face)....  I'm so excited for you!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@itsmagic Yes!  I totally agree with you.  I had my printer hooked up to my old router (son-in-law gave me a new printer and hooked it up) and then I upgraded my router because I've been adding things left and right and wanted a faster router.  

Now I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to hook up this new printer to my lap top (it's wireless and air something, so it is a bit challenging).

I posted this because I think so many people are like the way I used to be, think they can't work or figure out how to connect these gadgets.  For the most part connections are made very easy because they want people to use them and they won't if it's too difficult.

I like it when I hear people who are a bit older (like in their 60's or so and retired or on way to retire) jump out there and try new things like you and I are doing.  After all, now this is my opinion, we can do anything a younger person can do (and sometimes better)....HA!

I am 61 and I sort of resent this remark, I am far from tech challange, I have worked with Mac computers for 30+ years,

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66glad you like your  Apple watch...I've been thinking of getting one too..but I have the same dilemma as you...l wear several bracelets on each wrist and I'd have to give something up...lol...

Many might think that was dumb but I wear my bracelets all the time...a few were my mothers...one belonged to a very special young girl that died when she was 15 ....26 years ago...

Which one did you get? If you don't mind me asking...?.

BTW I'm 65 and pretty techy...I set up all our computers at our office ...retired now for a little over a year..TG...I have iPads..an iPod...an iPhone so I'm not worried about setting it up..just can't decide which one and where I will wear it...DW

Honored Contributor

I can't believe how easy it was to set it up and attach it to my Iphone!.

I'm old!  Ha! (70) and believe me when I tell you I am electronically challenged (among other things).  I was hesitant about getting one (although I love gadgets) because I thought it would be complicated setting the thing up.  It took maybe 15 minutes (if that) to set it up.  I don't think Apple could make it much easier.

Just wanted you guys who are also 'challenged electronically' and were hesitant to get it.  Don't be because if I can do it ....my cat Bill can do it (he's smart but more cat smart)....

Now I have to get used to wearing it.  I'm used to wearing lots, lots of jewelry (my motto is:  If you can't do anything about it .... decorate it  (Jeanne Bice/Quacker Factory).  That means I'm going to have to get used to not wearing as many bracelets....well...maybe a few less...Ha!

I love mine, it's fun

Honored Contributor

@dancingwoman wrote:

@Annabellethecat66glad you like your  Apple watch...I've been thinking of getting one too..but I have the same dilemma as you...l wear several bracelets on each wrist and I'd have to give something up...lol...

Many might think that was dumb but I wear my bracelets all the time...a few were my mothers...one belonged to a very special young girl that died when she was 15 ....26 years ago...

Which one did you get? If you don't mind me asking...?.

BTW I'm 65 and pretty techy...I set up all our computers at our office ...retired now for a little over a year..TG...I have iPads..an iPod...an iPhone so I'm not worried about setting it up..just can't decide which one and where I will wear it...DW

I have been wearing mine everyday

I got the black strap and ordered a fake Hermes double tour from Amz to alternate.   I got the small size the big is really big.

Oh and if there is a Five Below store near you they have a nice charging stand there

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I am 61 and I sort of resent this remark, I am far from tech challange, I have worked with Mac computers for 30+ years,

You aren't old until you're in your 90s.  If you are unable to learn new things while in your 50s and 60s, you need to go to your doctor and be checked for dementia or other forms of memory loss. The human brain is designed to learn new things everyday.  

Trusted Contributor

@jackthebear  Thanks..I think I'll go ahead and order one...I've been wanting one for a long time...I have gadgetitis...thats what DH calls it...lol..DW

PS I agree with Gail...Learning keeps us young and our brains working...DW