Valued Contributor

Hi again.. love this forum, here is my question of the day , Samsung Galaxy phone will

not stay charged any longer. We bought two, one for me, one for him. Neither phone can hold a charge:Smiley Frustrated

This just started , like clockwork on both of them. This phone was very popular, have you had this happen? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Hi again.. love this forum, here is my question of the day , Samsung Galaxy phone will

@blankette wrote:

not stay charged any longer. We bought two, one for me, one for him. Neither phone can hold a charge:Smiley Frustrated

This just started , like clockwork on both of them. This phone was very popular, have you had this happen? 

Are the phones under warranty or returnable? 

Samsung should stand behind their product or your phone carrier.

We have Samsung phones and one of the charging cables quit working. We replaced the charging cable ourselves. Our phones are older phones. HTH

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hi again.. love this forum, here is my question of the day , Samsung Galaxy phone will

I had something similar happen.  I have a Galaxy 3 phone from Virgin Mobile since I didn't want a contract.  Starting on  Monday April 18th, my phone beeps at me at work around 3pm with a critical "you need to recharge your phone now".  I don't bring my charger with me to work because my phone always last all day until I plug it in to recharge overnight.  After the 3rd day in a row of dying @3pm I brought my charger to work.  I kept the phone plugged in and charged and when I went home that night, I plugged it in again.  The next day, I did the same thing.  Brought charger to work and kept phone plugged in all day.  But that 2nd day, I was running errands and up late and realized my phone had been "off charger" for 8 hrs and hadn't beeped once.  When I recharged that night the battery was only down to 84%,  Since then it is working fine again.  Bring phone to work, leave charger at home, and still have about 76 - 80% battery life left after 14 hrs.  

Have no idea what happened or if what I did really fixed it but it's been working fine now.

Honored Contributor

how old are the phones?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sunshine45 wrote:

how old are the phones?

Good question, @sunshine45.  Also, @blankette, you said both phones began having this problem all at once...  at the same time?   Did you update software on them, or change anything?  If it started suddenly and with both phones, that seems like a clue which suggests that something about the software, or the settings, or an app (or apps), etc., was changed -- even something automatic, that you didn't change manually -- and then began to drastically drain the batteries.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@blankette@blankette wrote:

I can not be sure what the problem can be with your phone? You may want to post the brand and name of this phone.

Honored Contributor

Rechargable batteries have a lifespan that's measured in charge cycles. If your phones were both consistently charged and used identically, chances are they're both at the same stage of their charge cycle lifespan. Replacing the battery in one should tell you if the battery is the issue. Rechargeable batteries don't last forever. They're typically pretty easy to replace.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I also love reading and finding solutions here.

I have a question about my computer.

Sorry, but i don't know how to start a new thread .

I used Securnia PSI for a long time and it stopped working.I uninstalled it and downloaded the new  version and i didn't like it and it made my computer and Windows 7 sluggish.

I did some searching and i downloaded Carambis  Software Updater today.

What do you think? Is there something else i should use instead?

Thank you .

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

I used Securnia PSI for a long time and it stopped working.I uninstalled it and downloaded the new  version and i didn't like it and it made my computer and Windows 7 sluggish.

Thank you .

The free version of Carambis has ads. Do not use this software.

I use CCleaner https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download to check for security updates. CCleaner will also clean your computer.

Honored Contributor

@cowboy sam wrote:

Thank you .

Hi, @cowboy sam!  Long time no see -- nice to see you here! Smiley  I can answer about starting a new thread:

1 -- Click on the forum in which you'd like the thread to appear.

2 -- Toward the top of the page, just above all the threads, you'll see "NEW MESSAGE" in red.   Click on that.

3 -- Type the subject line (ignore the "suggestions" that pop up, or just click "Turn off suggestions" at the bottom of the suggestion list).

4 -- Type your text, and click "POST."

In the new forums, you have the option to edit your subject line and also to edit your original post, even after others have responded. 

hth!Smiley

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova