Regular Contributor

Re: Help with Tracfone from TSV

On 4/1/2014 jrcnc said:

I also got the TSV--LG Optimus Dynamic II.

I am currently on Verizon and would like to move that cell # to the new Tracfone. There is no info on keeping phone # from another carrier.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks!

You can transfer but verizon will drag their A $ $ to do it
Contributor

On 4/1/2014 WIlliam Joseph said:

Do I activate Tracfone first and then try to do the transfer? Does Tracfone contact Verizon, or do I?

Trusted Contributor

On 4/1/2014 jrcnc said:

Do I activate Tracfone first and then try to do the transfer? Does Tracfone contact Verizon, or do I?

When I switched my number over from AT&T to Tracfone a couple years ago I did it on Tracfone's website. I didn't have to call AT&T at all. There should be instructions that come with the Tracfone that tell you what to do in what order.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

I activated via phone, all automated, and there was an option to keep your port your current number (I got a new number because the Optimus text charges are very different from the one I have now--it's a text and data hog{#emotions_dlg.unsure}). There should be an option to keep your number if you apply online.

What worries you masters you.
Super Contributor

On 4/1/2014 jrcnc said:

I activated my Tracfone online. I wanted to use my landline # from Verizon and Tracfone contacted Verizon. It took 5 days to port the # so I kept my landline on until Verizon complied. Yes, Verizon is "slow to let go" but too bad! They didn't want to let go of my $90/mo basic charges that I was paying them. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry double post.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2014 maryebrown said:
On 4/1/2014 jrcnc said:

I activated my Tracfone online. I wanted to use my landline # from Verizon and Tracfone contacted Verizon. It took 5 days to port the # so I kept my landline on until Verizon complied. Yes, Verizon is "slow to let go" but too bad! They didn't want to let go of my $90/mo basic charges that I was paying them. {#emotions_dlg.glare}

Why were you paying $ 90 a month for landline service? I changed my Verizon service last year when I brought a smartphone . I pay $27.95 a month for local landline service only.
Super Contributor

On 4/2/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 4/2/2014 maryebrown said:
On 4/1/2014 jrcnc said:

Why were you paying $ 90 a month for landline service? I changed my Verizon service last year when I brought a smartphone . I pay $27.95 a month for local landline service only.

Because we live in the boonies. That's how much we paid in 2001, every year it increased and the service got progressively worse. They were always charging for "upgrades" (really? our lines got progressively worse) We don't have FIOS here, if we did we would have tried the package a few yrs. ago. We did have Verizon internet for 2 yrs, they ripped us off every single month (allegedly usage charges). We switched to HughesNet, and our bill for the last 15 months has consistently been $10/mo cheaper than our lowest ever Vz. internet bill.

Respected Contributor

My friend has the Tracfone LG 840G. The Message Icon is on the top of the screen like when you have a new message. The problem is there is an arrow that goes up and down on it and it is constantly running.

I went into the settings (as I also own this and never seen this problem) and deleted every message and message Inbox, Drafts, and Outbox message that had been sent. Still it is running. I deleted the one Voice Mail she had but that didn't help. I looked on the internet but didn't find the solution to this.

I told her to call Tracfone and have them help her. Have any of you had this problem and was able to solve it?

Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

The arrows in the left top corner of your phone show the device is bringing down some data. This data can be in the form of apps, email or text messages. You can find the service manual for this phone online using a Google search. You can not turn these downloads off. So check the service manual about starting the phone in Wi-FI.