Honored Contributor

I'm reposting hoping to get some answers if I don't get anything form TSV Talk.

I bought the TSV and I was going through the packaging. In the instruction booklet, it lists the items that are included. One of those items was the microSD Card. I can't find it. Is it in a separate plastic baggie or is it already in the phone. I went through all the packaging and I can't find the CARD.

Anyone who has received this and is familiar with the phone - help

Also does anyone know if I can use my old number from a pay as you go plan? It says you can use your landline number or an old monthly plan number but not a pay as you go plan specifically. I really don't want to call Tracfone bc it seems that upon the customer service will be difficult to understand. I'm planning to activate via their online service.

TIA

Super Contributor

Re: Help with Tracfone from TSV

I didn't get the TSV but the microSD card is always inside the phone.

I'm not sure about using your old number from another plan.

Respected Contributor

In theory you should be able to use that phone number. Good luck with that. I had the experience from hail with these people and they totally messed up everything.{#emotions_dlg.angry} Long story short, I'm with Verizon now. And with a new phone number.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

thank your for your responses

I lifted the battery and see something small which I believe is the card. I was afraid it was packaged separately and I lost it.

I really want to keep this old number but I guess I wouldn't hold my breath.

Honored Contributor

I bought a Tracphone from QVC over a year ago. I activated it by phone (I think) and was able to keep my same number from my older Tracphone which I had for several years and was just a very basic phone. It was no problem to keep the same number.

Honored Contributor

I don't have this phone but the LG840G from Tracfone. The card under the battery in my phone is the SIM Card. The SD Card is located above the battery & you can see it without removing the battery. You are supposed to be able to keep your old cell phone number. If you are going to go to the Tracfone site to set your phone up if you need to call them to do the transfer it will come up on screen & tell you that you have to call this #. We had the LG800 phone before the one we have now & gave one of them to my MIL so she could get triple mins. for life of the phone. When I tired to transfer her mins & # online it said I needed to call this #. Tracfone had to send me 2 different SIM Cards since the customer service rep input the wrong numbers 1st go round. I had to call them 5 times to finally get it working in a week. Good Luck. When transferring mins & # from another Tracfone it's easy & only took me about 30 mins when I transferred DH's old Tracfone to new Tracfone. I think transferring from another service is where the problems come up & can sometimes take longer & not all their customer service reps know what they are doing.

Honored Contributor

On 4/1/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

In theory you should be able to use that phone number. Good luck with that. I had the experience from hail with these people and they totally messed up everything.{#emotions_dlg.angry} Long story short, I'm with Verizon now. And with a new phone number.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Sorry you had so much problems trying to get your Tracfone to work & had to go with Verizon. The only problems I had was when we gave my MIL our LG800 when we bought the LG840. The SIM card in the phone would not work so they mailed me a new one. The C.S. rep input the wrong numbers on the 1st SIM card they sent me so they had to send me another one. I ended up having to call 5 times & it took about a week & waiting for them to mail 2 SIM cards to finally get it working. She really likes the phone a lot better then the old Tracfone she was using though.

Honored Contributor

Fingers crossed - just waiting for them to port the number over. I guess I'll wait for a day or so to see if it happened. Thanks again everybody.

Respected Contributor

If this is the LG Optimus, I got mine this morning and already love it! I did decide to have them issue another number, though, since I have the 840g, like it, and the texts are cheaper (they're one minute per usage--opening and sending) on the Optimus.

Activation was simple, and I chose not to do the Google account (I have one, but don't care for all that "tracking"). Still, the web worked great, and I was able to check my balance to be sure it was included in the activation, set up a nice widget with calendar, date, and time, made a few dummy phone calls to/from the device, and it's great.

The only con is the lack of a backlight for the bottom controls, but there are only a few, and it's easy to memorize.

What worries you masters you.
Contributor

I also got the TSV--LG Optimus Dynamic II.

I am currently on Verizon and would like to move that cell # to the new Tracfone. There is no info on keeping phone # from another carrier.

Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks!