Occasional Contributor

Help with HP All-in-one Printer for HP ENVY 5660

I bought a new printer, and it works fine.  However, there is one bill/statement that I've tried to print, and the printer will NOT print the first page, just subsequent pages.  It prints my other statements just fine.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you correct it?

Thanks in advance.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Help with HP All-in-one Printer for HP ENVY 5660

@Aquafina   It sounds to me like the document is not downloading all the way or something is not quite right with that first page. If it's a pdf, save it to your computer first, then open it, then try to print it.

I'd also suggest doing a google search for something like "first page of document won't print" and see what comes back. I don't think the problem is with the printer itself, just the document.

Sometimes weird things happen like this at work with documents posted to our intranet. When I download the document first, then print, all is ok.

Good luck and let us know if you solve it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Aquafina,   I do something similar to @sandraskates' suggestion -- you might try saving the item as a PDF or "print" it to a PDF (this should be an option when you choose the "Print" feature on your device).   Then, look at the PDF and see if all pages look normal.     If they do, try printing the PDF -- you could specify printing only the first page (usually "from page 1 to page 1" but it will vary depending upon your device and software) since you already have the other pages.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Aquafina wrote:

I bought a new printer, and it works fine.  However, there is one bill/statement that I've tried to print, and the printer will NOT print the first page, just subsequent pages.  It prints my other statements just fine.

Has anyone had this problem and if so, how did you correct it?

Thanks in advance.

In addition to the other advice, try copying then pasting the first page into a word processing program such as Word or Pages.  Once it's been pasted, print it. 

When I had a Windows computer and a HP printer, I was able to highlight the part of a document, PDF, e-mail or webpage and when the printer dialogue box appeared, I could choose print selected.  For some reason I can't find that option with my Apple devices and my Canon printer.  Anyway, it's another option for printing only the part of a webpage or document that you want.