Esteemed Contributor

Re: Has anyone bought the new, cheaper iPad?

I just got an email from Apple this morning saying that my iPad shipped & I should be receiving it on Monday via UPS!!!

Respected Contributor

I am really wondering what I bought here....I bought my iPad 2Air Pro  from Amazon for $539-and included what I believe to be an $85 stylus.

This is for recreation: I don't need tons of memmory-or the latest processer that I am not apt to notice anyway....

Poodlepet2 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I am really wondering what I bought here....I bought my iPad 2Air Pro  from Amazon for $539-and included what I believe to be an $85 stylus.

This is for recreation: I don't need tons of memmory-or the latest processer that I am not apt to notice anyway....

Poodlepet2 

@Poodlepet2

The new iPad that just came out is 9.7" size.  For 32GB, the wi-fi model is $329.  The pencil and the keyboard are not compatible with it though.  And it doesn't have an anti-glare screen.  The older iPads I don't believe had anti-glare screens, at least my old one doesn't, and it's never been an issue for me.  In my opinion it's a heck of a deal.  Apple isn't offering the iPad Air any longer - just the Pro in two sizes, the new iPad, and the mini.

Respected Contributor

Well it is apple  so it should be really good. 

Ipod not so good. I got the ipod nano and unable to listen to the radio on it. it will not reconize  the headset. Really odd. 

Honored Contributor

I got one today,  

finally decided my old ipad 2 was done,

it's a bit smaller as far as the overall size but screen size the same, bit thicker than my husband ipad 4

recommend,  I got 32g, no need for huge storage for me.  

the camera is amazingly good or horrible depending how you look 

just need to get a case as my old case wont fit , 

Regular Contributor

Got it yesterday and set it up last night. So far I'm enjoying it very much. Quite an improvement from my old ipad 2 from 2011 that crashes every few minutes.

Seems to be a little smaller than my old one and quite a bit quicker and more responsive. Lack of anit-glare isn't a problem for me, actualy the screen seems clearer and easier to read. The IOS10 will take me a little while to get used to - and learning all the newer features.

Have never used an ipad Pro so I can't comment on which might be better. This one is certainly a great value for the price.

Esteemed Contributor

@NigelSparkles wrote:

Got it yesterday and set it up last night. So far I'm enjoying it very much. Quite an improvement from my old ipad 2 from 2011 that crashes every few minutes.

Seems to be a little smaller than my old one and quite a bit quicker and more responsive. Lack of anit-glare isn't a problem for me, actualy the screen seems clearer and easier to read. The IOS10 will take me a little while to get used to - and learning all the newer features.

Have never used an ipad Pro so I can't comment on which might be better. This one is certainly a great value for the price.

Glad you are enjoying your Ipad. I will not be ordering a new Ipad I have enough gadgets.