Trusted Contributor
Any thoughts?
Esteemed Contributor

I would not buy any electronic from any shopping channel. I would go to the HP store online or a best buy store. QVC in particular sells older models with software you will never need or use. I have three laptops two HP's and a Mac and none of them ordered from QVC .. I am very happy with all of them. That is my thought O/P.Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Agree with apple1964.  We are an Apple family.  We've purchased all of our products either from the Apple Store on-line, and Apple Retail Store, or an Apple Authorized Reseller.  We'd do the same with Dell, HP or any other brand of computer.  When you do that, you're sure of getting the latest hardware, operating systems, and software that you need.

Respected Contributor

@Sue98 wrote:
Any thoughts?

The only way to compare is to go to HP.com, Bestbuy.com or other retailer and compare this computer to ones with the same specs and price.  I usually buy from the manufacturer but, not always.  I've purchased good computers from Best Buy. 

Honored Contributor

@Sue98,

My thoughts? The same thing I have said here numerous times, maybe even another time if you have asked about a computer.

I buy all of mine, except 1 I built myself, directly from the factory. I have them built with my specs, not a generic type that a shopping network thinks will make them the best profit. Isn't that why they are in that business?

Sure you get software up the ying/yang, most that I personally never use. They throw in a lot of this a lot of that, which for me would equal=zero.

I will stick with building my spec computers, from a factory direct or myself, not from what a sales rep from a shopping network, which will make them the most $$$.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

That's a slow processor.

I agree and disagree with others saying to not buy from a shopping channel.  I agree you get a ton of software and/or accesories that aren't worth the additional cost or if "free" you won't use most of them.

Look at the basic specs of the system being sold and then go out and compare just the system specs.  That will show you if it's a good price and a current system or over-priced and older system.

I've been an Mac person since right before I retired.  I loved my first macbook pro, it was durable and not constantly having to be updated and the updates that did have to be made never played heck with my machine (obviously because Mac made the hardware and the software).  Unfortunately, my last Macbook pro purchase a year and a half ago has disillusioned me and I'm seeing many of the same issues with my mac that were always issues with the pcs I've used over the years.

Thank goodness I bought apple care.  I've had the paint on the keys actually wear off!  I've had a video card go bad.  The system updates aren't one and done anymore, there are patches after patches and while I ran the tests to determine that previous macbook could update and benefit from an operating system upgrade, it proved to be disasterous and months later Apple admitted that certain machines did not perform as expected on the upgrade.  grrrr.

Esteemed Contributor

I prefer to go to the STORE and try things out and get advice for my situation.  Often the shopping channels do not get the newest or it is MADE ESPECIALLY FOR THEM.   For the cost I would rather just look around.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I prefer to go to the STORE and try things out and get advice for my situation.  Often the shopping channels do not get the newest or it is MADE ESPECIALLY FOR THEM.   For the cost I would rather just look around.

Hi @bonnielu,

If you are getting advice from someone at a store? If they are in sales, it is up to you if you want to believe them. Many stores have brands and0 or models they are pushing, and I am sure you know the reason.

Years ago before online stores, my wife would walk away when a sales person tried blowing smoke up my a**. I always kept up with the new and the old in electronics, and when someone tries the bs route with me, I ain't a happy camper. My wife was "outta there". Just sayin'

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for the replies, everyone!  One of the features that caught my eye is the free lifetime  technical support.  I have asked about that at Best Buy, and I know they charge a lot for that.  I was trying to figure that into the price.  I don't need all the extra software.

Esteemed Contributor

Here are a few AIO with good (specs) hardware at HP.

HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop - 24-b030xt touch

HP Pavilion All-in-One Desktop - 27-a010t

You should consider going to HP and ask about buying an AIO with tech support.  You want to know what type of tech, hardware only or tech questions and hardware problems.

I found this AIO at Best Buy.

Best Buy   AIO HP - Pavilion 23.8" All-In-One - Intel Core i5 - 8GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - HP finish in turbo silver